Pip's Journey, Orphaned at 1 week old

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pip's Journey, Orphaned at 1 week old

My friend runs a rescue and was informed of an ill mother dog with 16 babies. By the time my friend got to the house, the mother was dead and there were only 8 living puppies. She took them to the vet and placed them in foster homes. I was asked to take one and I'm glad I did. A lot of people disagreed about separating the puppies but I'm glad we did now because there are only 4 pups still alive, three boys and a girl.

The puppies should be about two weeks old now. My Pip is doing well. He loves eating and is gaining weight daily. He has such a pudgie belly! Both of his eyes are open, but his left eye has an infection and it gets pretty yucky. The vet gave him some eye ointment but it's not doing anything so we're going to start using terremycin tomorrow. I love that stuff!

These pictures are a couple of days old now. His eyes aren't quite open yet in these.

Pip is very cute and looks to have landed right where he needed to be. I'm sure Emily will "explain" proper puppy etiquette to him, and you will be there to help guide him to become a good adult dog.
    I hope he can smile as well as Emily!!!
    sigpicLynn - Ximmy's Mom's Mom - John & Lynsie, skin kids, Faela & Gus skin grandkids,OnzaPous, ReignaPous, Banshee & Kit-ten and now Dare Devil and Fuzzy Butt the cats, and of course......Ximmy Ximmy Xoom Xoom and [COLOR=red]Sprocket (aka Sprockey Wocky Puppy Pants) and Sibanca our newest Dane rescue

Comment

Thanks! He's just a foster but I'm sure Em will help him out along the way.

Comment

Wow, hes so little and cute! Please keep updating, this is one journey id love to follow
        sigpic

Comment

Oh my goodness what a cutie! You are a good person for helping that baby out.
          Michele
          Mom to: Angel huskyx (3/15/2001), Lestat labx (12/1/2001), Mystra beaglex (04/01/2005), Merlin airedale (08/01/2012)
          RIP my loves:
          Isis (dane) (7/1/2005-11/5/2011), Venus (dane) (9/1/02-06/24/13)

Comment

Good on you for helping Pip out! LMAO I love the third photo... you can just hear him screaming "PUT THE BOTTLE NIPPLE IN HERE!!!!!!"
            sigpic
            Nitro- Female Mastiff x Dane - July 3, 2010 - July 27, 2013 (RIP Sweet Girl)
            Moose - Male Great Dane - June 3, 2011
            Rush - Male Great Dane - April 8th, 2015 (MBPIS MBPIG Can. GCH Group Placing Paquestone's Intense Rush)

Comment

Awwwe, so cute! So awesome of you to foster him, and I love the name!
              What kind of dogs were they? Resembles a boxer a bit.
              sigpic

Chris, mom to: Keiko--husky/shep mix (RIP), Gunther--great dane, Nigel and Posey--rat terriers, Pasta--cockatiel, Louigi--peach fronted conure, Hamlet--blue crowned conure

Comment

I never asked but someone that has one of his siblings put on FB that they were Boxer/Beagle mixes. I'm not too sure about that. Some of the pups have stubby tails. Pip has a little crook in his stubby tail.

Comment

Has a tad of a pit mix look... Very cute though!
                  sigpic

Comment

Gosh he is cute!
                    sigpic

Comment

At this point it would be very difficult to guess what mix he might be. All puppies pretty much look the same when they are young.

Comment

Thanks for caring for little Pip!
                        Ann & John and Navy (b. 1/5/14)
                        Whisper (Avatar 3/9/07 - 11/19/13)

Zip (2000-2007 - waiting at the Bridge)
                        http://dolforum.com/forum/image.php?...ine=1215894342

Also at the Bridge: Woof, Natasha, Kippie, Black Jack, Thumper, Nigra Altair and Sean

Comment

Awww, what a cutie! Thanks for helping the little guy out.
                          sigpic Brenda
                          RIP Gibson 9/06 - 8/11
                          Presley 8/96 - 11/06

Comment

You're an Angel to the dog world. I am glad Pip found his Angel
                            sigpic
                            Wife
                            Mom to 4 human kids
                            Foster (Dane) 11/24/2011-12/21/2012

Comment

Oh how adorable! Thank you for helping him, and keep the pictures coming
                              sigpic Halpert at 28 months

Comment

Working...
                              X