Mini Great Danes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Great Danes

There was an add on the Minneapolis Kijiji site for Mini Great Danes. It's actually a cross of dane and doberman. They want $150 for the blacks and $350 for the harlequins. Whats next?!? =(

You're joking! Not any different than the other fancy "mutts" for sale these days, like Labradoodles. What is this world coming to?
    'The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.' Ben Franklin

Comment

Isn't half the fun of having a dane the fact that they are giant???!

Comment

Aw, I just googled it. =(
        Katie & Scarlett
        sigpic

Comment

Really, they can control the final size? These could very well be giant dobermans. People make me crazy.
          sigpic
          Lori, Desi & Grimm
          RIP my beloved Murray 5/17/07-09/13/12
          Join Boise Danes ... https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.ph...66337846714730
          Proud to be a Boise State Bronco!

Comment

Isn't it amazing what people do for money? We had a "breeder" in the midwest who was claiming to offer hybrids, but they were actually dogs with a German Shepherd/Collie/Malamute mixing. Sickening.

Oh, and yeah, it's all luck in what you end up with. We had a purebred Malamute come into rescue pregnant (unknown male). When the pups were born, we had eight beautiful Great Danes. Not a lick of Malamute showed in them. We couldn't believe it.
            Last edited by Virginia Dane; 03-12-2009, 11:56 AM.
            *~Molly and Oakley~*

sigpic

Comment

Not a breeder remark, but on CL here in Chicago this week, saw someone trying to trade their 2 year old female Harlequin for a shitz hu (sp).
              sigpic
              Deb

Duke and Ivy

Comment

Years back, there was a website with someone touting mini-danes. Sadly, rescue gets extremely small danes all the time. They are of course deserving of a home and love, but as someone said -- the dane's size is part and parcel of what makes it so, well, GREAT :p
                Mrs Emery
                AKC Canine Ambassador
                Member GDCA - resource/referral
                GOPDC - Public Education Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeetlemom View Post
                  Not a breeder remark, but on CL here in Chicago this week, saw someone trying to trade their 2 year old female Harlequin for a shitz hu (sp).
                  I saw that too - what a jerkoff.

You live close we should have a playdate - I'm in Crystal Lake

Comment

I better quit calling Hogan a mini Dane now. I do that because he is small for a male...120 pounds. A Dane and Doberman mix? YUCK!
                    Last edited by themelmom; 03-12-2009, 01:11 PM. Reason: spelling
                    The Mel Mom
                    3 awesome kids (20, 12, 8)
                    Hogan and Nikki my Great Dane Duo
                    Savanna the old lady Rat Terrier
                    Mollie - the rolly polly Pug
                    Huey and Isaiah - the AristoCats

Comment

Originally posted by Amiabull View Post
                      There was an add on the Minneapolis Kijiji site for Mini Great Danes. It's actually a cross of dane and doberman. They want $150 for the blacks and $350 for the harlequins. Whats next?!? =(
                      Ok this was probably an accidental breeding (or I'm hoping and giving them the benefit of the doubt just to make myself feel better about the state of the country) BUT if you have buyers who are dumb enough to buy a "mini" harlequin dane, as a seller you could probably just pawn off some puppy dalmations or black labs as mini danes. Then at least you could call them mini danes and guarentee that they actually will be smaller and black or black and white.
                      Yet again...People Suck
                      sigpicAndre post run, and ready for more!
                      Loki 7/2002-3/2013
                      Clyde 3/2003-8/2013
                      Andre ~5/2006
                      Bob the cat

Comment

In the SLC ad's, there's a RARE EXOTIC Pitbull for sale. First in Utah...He's a merle. I forgot how much they're asking but they say that it's a pitbull x catahula (sp) mix. It's the "new exotic pitbull of Utah"...

Comment

Unfortunately, there always seem to be those that are doing various mixes and coming up with a designer name in order to sell them for more $$ -- danerman or doberdane (dane/dobe), rotterdane (dane/rott) and dane/mastiff I have seen multiple catch names
                          Mrs Emery
                          AKC Canine Ambassador
                          Member GDCA - resource/referral
                          GOPDC - Public Education Coordinator

Comment

If a great dane is miniaturized for breed hybrid, is it called a "slightly above average" dane?
                            sigpic

Megan & Tender. Tender- get it? Like Love Me Tender. I'm an Elvis freak. And I think it's funny that my dog's name is an adjective to describe meat.

Comment

People who breed these dogs make me sick, but worse than them are the people buying them. Do they think they are getting something special because it is "designer"? Do they think they are getting the best of both worlds? I just don't get it. I can't say anything bad about the individual dogs because it isn't their fault and I am sure they can make absolutely wonderful pets but its just ridiculous. I would never buy a mutt, the rescues/shelters are full of the same mixes. But as long as people continue to buy them, people are going to breed them and continue "designing" new breeds.

Comment

Working...
                              X