Dog Erection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog Erection

I am not sure what's going on with him. Lately Tabor has been having a lot of erections, it is almost like he can't control it. Does anyone else have this problem with their dane. Tabor has been nutured he is now 19 months old. It almost looks like he was in pain, my wife said it happens almost daily. Tonight it happened again is this normal? Should I be worried about it, or just let him be and not worry??

RE: Dog Erection

How long ago did he get neutered?

Comment

When you say erections are you meaning that he is swelling inside his sheath making it visible to see the bulbus part of his penis
      or are you referring to him popping pink (ie showing his crayon off) ?

Sometimes dogs will peek more regularly from their sheath when their anal glands are a bit full.
      Rachel C. of Sixstar Danes
      Click here to see our Youtube videos.
      Feeding raw since Dec 2000

Comment

Oh man, Rachel, that made me laugh.

When Otis was between about 18-24 months old, he had this as well. They weren't actual erections; his "lipstick" would just make repeated appearances. He, I assume, grew out of it. Though the other day I was on the ground doing pilates and he decided to check me out. He stood over me for a minute just looking at me, and then moved off to the side and pop! there it was. I almost died laughing.

Comment

>When you say erections are you meaning that he is swelling
          >inside his sheath making it visible to see the bulbus part of
          >his penis
          >or are you referring to him popping pink (ie showing his
          >crayon off) ?
          >
          >Sometimes dogs will peek more regularly from their sheath when
          >their anal glands are a bit full.
          >
          Yes his pink lipstick is showing, but last night 1st time i saw it, was his bulbus part was showing. It looked like it wanted to explode. Is this normal for them to do this? This is my first dane, and really first dog. I am just a concerned parent, and want to make sure that he is alrighht. He was 6-7 months old when we nutered him. Now he is 19 mos old.

Comment

It happens every so often, could be the way he's sitting, or leaning.

Janet - Gunner & Coal's Mom

To see my boys ...
            http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290114239 & http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2130511512

Comment

Our boy is just 6 months old and won't be neutered until the end of the month. He gets erections... several times a day. This is going to give everyone a giggle, which is more than ok- as I've had several laughs about it myself. It is always when he is waking up- in the morning, from a nap a'la morning wood (can I say that here?). I never see his red rocket... just a swollen sheath and a "knot" at the bottom. I know it looks awful, but it's normal male dog anatomy (as I had to learn the hard, expensive, way).

I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
              X