Abandoned Victorian Homes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abandoned Victorian Homes

Joe and I are all about remodeling and fixing things up and we are determined to do something! We want to purchase an OLD victorian home that has either been abondoned, or is a foreclosure or something...one that is very VERY old, and needs TLC...a whole lot or a little. I am thinking something that is out in the middle of nowhere, or, sort of nowhere, one that sits back off the road...and does not have a lot of neighbors. The problem is this...we DON'T know where to look for one! Where do you go to look for an unrestored, cheap, victorian house? I am trying to look at things online but I do not know the sites, I know the best thing to do is contact a realtor, but, I cannot do that until monday and I am like really excited and looking now lol! We are looking to stay fairly cheap, under 100k. Yes, we are building, but this is a future project we want to buy now, fix later...
    When I say old I am picturing this...

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...l%3Den%26lr%3D

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...l%3Den%26lr%3D

Can anyone help? Any ideas? Thanks a lot everyone

RE: Abandoned Victorian Homes

We bought an old victorian about 2 years ago...it's about 120 years old. It's livable now so we bought and thought we'd just work at it slowly room by room. WHAT A PITA!!! Of course the whole idea sounded great at first but I'm very impatient and since we've moved in I can't get things remodeled fast enough. I WANT IT DONE NOW!!! Trouble is finding all the money to do everything now! :P Oh well I guess it'll get done someday. Sorry I can't help you figure out where to start looking but good luck. I hope you find exactly what you want.

Comment

hi
      www.realestate-mls.com
      here is just one of the many sites online if you know of realtors in your area look up their names or since most newspapers have the realtor listing look up the web sites from their thats how we found our home. it was a fixer upper, but with 7 bedrooms 2 baths i had NOOO problem dreaming of what it would look like, and going from their, the real problems came with the things that were supposed to work.!!! good luck
      Becky

Comment

West Virginia is full of old houses that no one wants to buy.

Many unrestored oldies are overpriced, even when in isolated areas. And once they're restored, there's no one to buy them when they're in the middle of nowhere. That's why there are so many struggling B & B's in unlikely locales. Nothing else to do with them.

Sometimes it's easier to find older houses at more reasonable prices at United Farm Agency.

Good luck! I love them too!

mp

Comment

Awwwe, thanks guys! I am looking! Someday...lol!:e)

Comment

I would look for real estate auctions if I were you. Maybe google that.

Comment

Do you mean regular auctions or tax sales?

mp

Comment

Uhh...I don't know?
                Most homes in my city are old Victorians and if a beally beat up one goes for sale it is usually at auction for back taxes or forclosure or siezed as abandoned...so I was thinking that I would google "real estate auction" and my geographical area to see if I could find something.

Comment

www.realtor.com is another good site for looking for homes!

Comment

Working...
                  X