Urinary Tract Infections?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urinary Tract Infections?

Oliver has yet another issue...geeze, I love my white boy.

It could be nothing, but it has me slightly worried. UTIs from what I understand, are less common in males than in females, so I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of these symptoms.

For about a month, Oliver has been peeing about every 3 hours. This could be just because he wants me to take him outside, so he whines by the door...but he does always 'go'.

Anyway, after he finishes he stays in the squatted position for about ten extra seconds and wont get up. It seems like he feels like he still has more to pee out, but cant...
    Then today, I took him out and he peed and finally got up and then peed all over the concrete after he walked out of the grass. He didnt squat for it or anything, just pranced around peeing and seemed a little shocked by it.

Also, he's been on antibiotics for about 15 days to treat demodex...so would that have helped a UTI, if it was that? And if its not a UTI...what could it be?
    I love my Dane

Uti

Depends on what antibiotics he's on. UTI's respond mostly to sulfa drugs. Males pee all the time anyway so the symptoms you describe don't necessarily indicate a UTI. If he's drinking alot of water he will have to pee more than normal.

Comment

You can give him cranberry pills. We gave Gus our epileptic dog cranberry pills to promote urinary health. It seemed to help our boy.
      sigpic

Comment

hmm..>Ill try that, couldnt hurt.
        I love my Dane

Comment

Uri

Hero had them several times. It seemed to be when he didn't get enough water (when he drank form a bowl, most of it went on the floor-so he drank out of the faucet instead several times a day) So, I used a very large syringe with small amount of Apple Cider Vineger mixed in water and would squirt in his mouth. I also used cranberry pills. I think what worked the best to keep him from getting them was probiotics, lots of water and I fed yogurt as a snack everyday. He didn't have any problems when we went on probiotics and yogurt every day. Good luck, Keleen
          http://www.youtube.com/user/Herohadi...n?feature=mhsn
          sigpic

Comment

I can't tell you if its a UTI or not, but just wanted to chime in that we've used the Cranberry pills also--And they helped for us!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bellaboo View Post
              I can't tell you if its a UTI or not, but just wanted to chime in that we've used the Cranberry pills also--And they helped for us!
              +3. we used powder in the food though
              sigpic

Comment

Not to freak you out, but my IW had a uti and the vet thought it was just male pup,etc. It went untreated for a few weeks and went systemic. He ended up seizuring from the infection spreading through his body. I would take a sample to the vet to make sure.
                Chris, Wife to Dave, and Mom three human teenagers.
                Also mom to Tori (11 yo Lab), , Ayla (2 yo brindle dane), Milo (2 yo boxer), Killian (4 week old iw pup who is still with his breeder and mommy) 3 kittens, 2 horses, multiple reptiles, 7 fainting goats, 25 chickens, and 2 pot bellied pigs, all of whom make life great!
                RIP CARLIE 2/09-2/11 & REILLY 10/4/08-11/20/12, best friends together forever now.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X