Swollen front paw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swollen front paw

Truman has had on and off for the past week a swollen front paw and leg. I've soaked it in epson salt a few times but it doesn't seems to be helping. we were just heading out for a long walk to the park when I noticed it was swollen again so we had a shot walk. He is not favoring it at all and after walking for about 10-15 minutes the swelling has gone down. Any ideas? I am planning a vet visit Monday, just hoping it can wait.
    Laura with Kennedy & Lincoln (Truman waiting at the bridge)
    sigpic

Originally posted by Truman's Mom View Post
    Truman has had on and off for the past week a swollen front paw and leg. I've soaked it in epson salt a few times but it doesn't seems to be helping. we were just heading out for a long walk to the park when I noticed it was swollen again so we had a shot walk. He is not favoring it at all and after walking for about 10-15 minutes the swelling has gone down. Any ideas? I am planning a vet visit Monday, just hoping it can wait.
    Kava's has done this on and off for the last few weeks. It is just back to normal (about 1 wk now). I gave lots of benadryl and just let it do its thing. She wasn't favoring it (weight bearing). My best guess is she was bitten by a spider or a wasp in the yard.
    sigpic
    Logan, Member GDCA and Past President GDCMF
    Int'l CH & AM GCH Legacys Killer Instinct, TT, CHIC (Kaos)
    www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

Could it be lymphodema?

Martha
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by daneowned View Post
        Could it be lymphodema?

Martha
        geez - I hope not. Hoping it's just a bug bite or something minor.
        Laura with Kennedy & Lincoln (Truman waiting at the bridge)
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X