Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much did your Spay and Gastropexy cost? (Poll)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much did your Spay and Gastropexy cost? (Poll)

I thought it would be interesting to see how much people pay to have their Danes fixed. Please put: Weight Age and Price
    Ashley and Sadie (12 months)

Through my vet, no pexy involved, for a female that weighs approx. 100 lbs it costs between $530-$600 everything included....they really don't base the price on age but rather weight... so it would cost the same to spay a 60 lb 6 mth old as it would a 60 lb 2 yr old.....At least that is how I understood it....
    Last edited by Purple Raine; 03-08-2010, 12:33 PM.
    Teresa n
    sigpic

Comment

Well I haven't neutered andross yet. But oxford (mastiff)160lbs 11months and Bernie (saint bernard) 180lbs 2yrs they both were 150$ each we had a special going on at our vet.
      sigpic Little boy!

Comment

Never mind I forgot you said spayed. I think over 300 at least. My moms cocker pup was like 350.
        sigpic Little boy!

Comment

That's okay Lacey it's all good! If male dane owners want to join in too they we need to add Male or Female to the list though Lol!
          Ashley and Sadie (12 months)

Comment

Scarlet was spayed at a little under 100 lbs (85-90??). No pexy. Got all the other bells and whistles ~ $250. You know... now that I think on it, my cat was the same price a few years ago and both my colts were about the same also to be gelded. Hum...??? Guess my vet likes charging $250. Never noticed until now.

@ Lacey: I LOVE the pic in your signature! That's awsome!!
            sigpic
            Still looks frozen to me.....

We didn't do it It was the cats...

Comment

Ruby, 2yr old, 115 pounds. $502 for spay and pexy. Will be done on the 19th. But that's also driving over an hour. However, the local vets quoted $1300, same procedures. Of course I chose the $500. The cheaper vet also does all of the local Great Dane Club's Danes, so he's also more experienced with Giants breeds too.

What a difference in some Vets.

Comment

Zoe was spayed a week ago. The charge was $350ish ....plus an additional $52 for the pain meds for five days...

She is still about fifteen pounds underweight - 90 pounds and 6 years old.

No pexy or dental, vet wouldnt do any combined surgeries.

my new vet would have charged $750 for spay, pexy AND dental.....wish I could have done all of that, but she had to go to this vet becasue she is a rescue.

Comment

$200 for spay + pexy. She was 8.5months and around 90# or so

Comment

I have to ask whats "pexy"?

Comment

pexy is short for gastropexy. It is where the stomach is tacked into place to prevent the torsion or twisting part of bloat.

Comment

re: Domino Dane

Domino (female) was spayed at 7 months and it was around $330.00 canadian funds, Without pexy.

we chose the cheapest clinic though, other places were around $500-$600 canadian dollars , without pexy.
                        sigpic
                        Domino - Harlequin
                        Dixie - Fawn

Comment

Mags was about 130 lbs, 2 years old. Spay and 'pexy was 750$ Canadian. That's average for this area, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by autumnroyal View Post

@ Lacey: I LOVE the pic in your signature! That's awsome!!
                            Thank you. Its a really old pic of my little brother and Oxford. Ox was I think 7-8 months there.
                            sigpic Little boy!

Comment

Lucy was 7 months, 90 lbs. Spay and pexy was $800.00. The clinic we go to is on the expensive side, but they had two vets handle the surgery. They are the only vets that handle great danes in a 130 mile radius. Also, the price included an overnight at the vet's with the vet there to monitor her.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X