Houstonians?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houstonians?

Would love to meet some Houston Great Dane owners! Poor Beaux has never met another dane, well not since he was 8 weeks old. Also, I'm pretty new to town so would welcome some socialization myself.
    sigpic
    Dane Mom: Beauregard (M) 25 Weeks

I'm from Houston. My Dane passed away in December 2012 though so I won't be of much help in the socialization department.

My husband and I are getting another in 2015! Lots of great stuff in Houston for Danes! I believe there is a group that meets in the Deer Park area weekly at the dog park! You should check that out. WELCOME btw!
    sigpic
    Wife
    Mom to 4 human kids
    Foster (Dane) 11/24/2011-12/21/2012

Comment

We live in Houston and have a 19 week dane pup. What part of town are you in? We are in midtown (right next to downtown) and would love a Dane play date!

Comment

Originally posted by Foster'sMommy View Post
        I'm from Houston. My Dane passed away in December 2012 though so I won't be of much help in the socialization department.

My husband and I are getting another in 2015! Lots of great stuff in Houston for Danes! I believe there is a group that meets in the Deer Park area weekly at the dog park! You should check that out. WELCOME btw!
        Awesome. Thanks for the info. I've been searching for Dane related activities and can't find anything on line. DO you know when the group at Deer Park meets?

When you get your new pup let me know! They can play when he's old enough.
        Last edited by -moppet-; 02-03-2014, 10:04 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AuburnTiger View Post
          We live in Houston and have a 19 week dane pup. What part of town are you in? We are in midtown (right next to downtown) and would love a Dane play date!
          Oh, we aren't far! We are in the heights off Yale near 20th. Would LOVE a Dane date - ours is 20.5 weeks, so almost same age too.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -moppet- View Post
            Oh, we aren't far! We are in the heights off Yale near 20th. Would LOVE a Dane date - ours is 20.5 weeks, so almost same age too.

Wow you aren't far at all! I just sent you a PM.

Comment

Danes in The Woodlands

It might be a bit far, but there is a Dane group in The Woodlands too. People meet at the dog parks, but the most fun thing is our monthly waterway walk. We all meet up on a Sat or Sun morning, walk the pups along the waterway, and then all have lunch together on the patio at a local restaurant. SO much fun!

If you search Facebook groups for Woodlands Great Dane you should see our group. Maybe we'll see you some time!

-Courtney
              aka Nikko & Ridley's mommy
              ~Courtney~
              Nikko & Ridley's mom

Comment

we are in Pearland!

I put together an FB page to try and do a meet up with our danes!!!
                sigpic
                Mom of 3 dogs & 4 small humans
                Titan - GD
                Thor - GD RIP 12/28/13 6/1/14
                Finnegan - Mini Schnauzer
                Cookie - Mini Schnauzer

Comment

Working...
                X