The Albuquerque Great Dane Meetup Group

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Albuquerque Great Dane Meetup Group

I'm thrilled to say the least, after only 2 1/2 weeks on meetup.com we have 29 members in our group and, thanks to one of our members, we already have a sponsor. We now have a place to meet that has a fenced area with trees (shade - Yeah!! ), grass, water, a covered patio, kiddie pools, tables, and plenty of parking (I don't know what more we could ask for). The first meetup will be this Saturday (8/14) and we have 12 yes RSVP's and 8 maybes. I never dreamed that this would happen so quickly and I am so excited.
    What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say ~ Ralph Waldo Emmerson

Congrats, I wish we had something even remotely that awesome in the area...sigh. You have done a great job keep up the great work!
    sigpicSeana

Comment

That is exciting! I am starting a meetup here in Boise. I hope I am nearly as successful.
      sigpic
      Lori, Desi & Grimm
      RIP my beloved Murray 5/17/07-09/13/12
      Join Boise Danes ... https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.ph...66337846714730
      Proud to be a Boise State Bronco!

Comment

One thing that I did that really helped generate interest was I contacted a couple of reputable breeders in our area. One of them contacted everyone that has purchased one of his puppies in the last 5 years. I'm not sure how many of the members are from his group but I know several of them are. I also contacted The Great Dane Rescue of El Paso & The Rocky Mountain Great Dane Rescue and one of the people that does the home checks in Albuquerque will be there with her dane as well as someone that adopted from them. I'm pretty amazed myself at the response as I had no idea how well received the group would be. I'll let you know how it turns out.
        What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say ~ Ralph Waldo Emmerson

Comment

I am really going to try to go...I'll be solo, but will live vicariously through you all for now! Can't wait! Thanks for your efforts!
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah!! I hope to see you there, should be a lot of fun!!

Comment

Working...
            X