Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey, Minnesota dane owners! Great dog park!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, Minnesota dane owners! Great dog park!

I took Jackson and Mouse to the dog park today at Lake Sarah park reserve in Greenfield/Rockford (about 35 miles west of Minneapolis) and it is GREAT! Almost 30 acres of 100% fenced in trees, shrubs, and meadows. Great entry gate system and there's a separate area for older/smaller dogs, too. $5 a visit, or $35 for a year pass. Mouse was a bit nervous in meeting the other dogs, but all of them were polite. Jackson is Mouse's protector and he's awesome at meeting new dogs. He's like a doggy dog whisperer. Of course, I forgot my camera and my cell phone just takes blurry motion pics.

I know now that I can take Raven there (my girl with the dicey recall) and it will be a great place to work with her and reinforce the fact that we won't beat her when she comes back, like her previous owners did

Also, Lake Rebecca Park is just a few miles away and has more than eight miles of tarred walking paths and even more hiking paths and horse trails. Leashes required, but I did let my two boys play off-leash on the beach and in the lake since there wasn't anybody swimming on this 50F MN day today!
    Tracy
    sigpic
    Mouse April 2010
    Echo -- run free, Sweetie! Jan 9, 2007 - April 24, 2014 Lost to osteosarcoma at 7 years, 3 months. RIP.

Wow, that's great! I may have to look into that park sometime when I'm back there. We have to go right thru Rockford on the way to Buffalo, where most of my relatives live.
    sigpic

Chris, mom to: Keiko--husky/shep mix (RIP), Gunther--great dane, Nigel and Posey--rat terriers, Pasta--cockatiel, Louigi--peach fronted conure, Hamlet--blue crowned conure

Comment

Are you kidding me? I've lived in Buffalo all my life! Small world!
      Tracy
      sigpic
      Mouse April 2010
      Echo -- run free, Sweetie! Jan 9, 2007 - April 24, 2014 Lost to osteosarcoma at 7 years, 3 months. RIP.

Comment

Wow, that is a small world. Yeah, both my parents grew up there and most of the family stayed in and around there. I'm one of 4 only people (all cousins) that lives outside the state of MN.........lol.
        sigpic

Chris, mom to: Keiko--husky/shep mix (RIP), Gunther--great dane, Nigel and Posey--rat terriers, Pasta--cockatiel, Louigi--peach fronted conure, Hamlet--blue crowned conure

Comment

If you ever make it into the city, there's also a decent park in Bloomington. About 25 acres, fully fenced, no fee that I know of, double-gate entries. There's also a small pond on one side, but we avoid that area because the dogs coming out of there don't smell too sweet.

Comment

Battle Creek in St Paul is nice and so is Elm Creek in (Champlin? NW suburbs). You have to buy a pass for Elm Creek.
            Julie
            Duds and Miles 5- and 6-year-old fawns, Smudge (terrier mix); Bobke, Fig, Olive, Albert (cats); Einstein (African Grey), Rocky (Amazon Parrot).
            RIP Willow 12/95 - 04/04, Maia 03/05 - 10/11, Maverick 11/07-10/14, Spencer 05/06-12/14
            Upper Midwest Great Dane Rescue Volunteer www.thegreatdanerescue.com
            sigpic

Comment

There is also a nice park (free.........or at least it used to be, haven't been there in about 4 yrs) in Burnsville. Huge pond, park on the far side. Small and large dog areas, trail going on both sides of the pond, fully fenced. More trails outside the park, but supposed to be on leash, not that anyone really listens to that.

I think I've been to the one in St. Paul, my brother's ex lived there and we had a few playdates with her dog there (I miss both her and the dog........lol)
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X