Twin Cities meetup group

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin Cities meetup group

For those of you in the metro area, there is a Dane meetup group that gets together once or twice a month. Some parks they frequent: Airport, Elm Creek, Trackside, and there is a meetup planned for July 25th at Battle Creek. www.meetup.com/tcgreatdanes/
    Julie
    Duds and Miles 5- and 6-year-old fawns, Smudge (terrier mix); Bobke, Fig, Olive, Albert (cats); Einstein (African Grey), Rocky (Amazon Parrot).
    RIP Willow 12/95 - 04/04, Maia 03/05 - 10/11, Maverick 11/07-10/14, Spencer 05/06-12/14
    Upper Midwest Great Dane Rescue Volunteer www.thegreatdanerescue.com
    sigpic

Whoo hoo! I'm in.

Comment

We all should have a meet up sometime at battle creek.

Comment

Does this ever happen anymore? When I follow the link, it says the group doesn't exist. I would love to know about any Great Dane Meetups in Minnesota .
        Keena

sigpic

Comment

We have one down here in Houston I love them!!!
          sigpic
          Mom of 3 dogs & 4 small humans
          Titan - GD
          Thor - GD RIP 12/28/13 6/1/14
          Finnegan - Mini Schnauzer
          Cookie - Mini Schnauzer

Comment

Originally posted by Titan3151 View Post
            We have one down here in Houston I love them!!!
            They sound like so much fun! Every dog Boss has played with has been able to walk underneath him lol Maybe it will pick back up in the spring/summer...
            Keena

sigpic

Comment

I posted some picks of our Christmas party for the pups.... It's so fun to meet others and their dogs, some of them I prefer their dogs over them but hey....
              sigpic
              Mom of 3 dogs & 4 small humans
              Titan - GD
              Thor - GD RIP 12/28/13 6/1/14
              Finnegan - Mini Schnauzer
              Cookie - Mini Schnauzer

Comment

The meetup group doesn't exist anymore. Nobody was willing to maintain the meetup site. There is a facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/TCGreatDanes/
                It's not very active.
                Julie
                Duds and Miles 5- and 6-year-old fawns, Smudge (terrier mix); Bobke, Fig, Olive, Albert (cats); Einstein (African Grey), Rocky (Amazon Parrot).
                RIP Willow 12/95 - 04/04, Maia 03/05 - 10/11, Maverick 11/07-10/14, Spencer 05/06-12/14
                sigpic

Comment

There is a large group of people here in st.cloud and we have a facebook page for people with danes to meet up around here and it was really active like a year ago pretty steadily and we were getting 5,6,7 danes and owners together at a time atleast once a week sometimes more, but all of a sudden it just declined and now we dont really get together at all even though many of us live within a few miles of eachother. Every once in a while 2 or 3 of us are still able to get together but i think people just got busy and forget to look on the fb page to see if anyone is wanting to have a play date. Id be glad to have a meet up in the cities somewhere maybe next summer. I'd love to meet some of you guys and your dogs.
                  ~Kelsey, mom to~
                  Kumah-merle Great Dane 4 years
                  Nala-fawn Great Dane 2 months
                  Cece- Calico 4 years
                  Sammy- Black Domestic Long Hair 3 years
                  Tyke- 4 months

Comment

I think that would be a great idea in the summer. The cities would be a great central location
                    Keena

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kumah View Post
                      There is a large group of people here in st.cloud and we have a facebook page for people with danes to meet up around here and it was really active like a year ago pretty steadily and we were getting 5,6,7 danes and owners together at a time atleast once a week sometimes more, but all of a sudden it just declined and now we dont really get together at all even though many of us live within a few miles of eachother. Every once in a while 2 or 3 of us are still able to get together but i think people just got busy and forget to look on the fb page to see if anyone is wanting to have a play date. Id be glad to have a meet up in the cities somewhere maybe next summer. I'd love to meet some of you guys and your dogs.
                      Once it gets warm again, right? lol My motivation to walk outside in the winter goes right up the chimney with the smoke from the furnace--lol

Hopefully, you will have a puppy the next time we meet to walk!!
                      Tracy
                      sigpic
                      Mouse April 2010
                      Echo -- run free, Sweetie! Jan 9, 2007 - April 24, 2014 Lost to osteosarcoma at 7 years, 3 months. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by mnmouse View Post
                        Once it gets warm again, right? lol My motivation to walk outside in the winter goes right up the chimney with the smoke from the furnace--lol

Hopefully, you will have a puppy the next time we meet to walk!!
                        Yes, as soon as it warms up or maybe if we have another warm spell between now and spring . I should have Grayson next time for you to smoosh his cute little face. Lol.
                        ~Kelsey, mom to~
                        Kumah-merle Great Dane 4 years
                        Nala-fawn Great Dane 2 months
                        Cece- Calico 4 years
                        Sammy- Black Domestic Long Hair 3 years
                        Tyke- 4 months

Comment

We just ran out of Danes in our house.
                          Julie
                          sigpic

Comment

Any meetups in twin cities?

Would like to do dane meetups in twin cities when weather gets nicer and pup is a bit older -anything like that exist anymore? Im in north metro.

Comment

I'm in Buffalo. There's a huge fenced dog park near Rockford. I know of no meet-up groups, but I occasionally meet up with fellow dane owners. Mouse likes to run, not wrestle, so I have to make sure he won't get tackled repeatedly--lol!
                              Tracy
                              sigpic
                              Mouse April 2010
                              Echo -- run free, Sweetie! Jan 9, 2007 - April 24, 2014 Lost to osteosarcoma at 7 years, 3 months. RIP.

Comment

Working...
                              X