Adults: $7.00

Seniors: $6.00

Children (6 – 12): $4.00

Children (5 & under): Free

Exposition Hall​

Indiana State Fairgrounds

1202 East 38th Street

Indianapolis, IN 46205

I'm considering going. I'm not sure which day. I was going to take my pup, but I guess she's to young to go. Only adult dogs. I may take Kaiser now.

Comment

If you go, stop by and say hi to the rescue I volunteer with, Forever Friends Great Dane Rescue, Inc. I won't be there as it's a bit of a drive for me, but many of our Indy volunteers will be there, along with a couple of their dogs (no adoptables). They are doing a microchip station for a reasonable price so if you know of anyone who needs their dog(s) chipped, send them their way. Also have some products available for sale.
      sigpic

Chris, mom to: Keiko--husky/shep mix (RIP), Gunther--great dane, Nigel and Posey--rat terriers, Pasta--cockatiel, Louigi--peach fronted conure, Hamlet--blue crowned conure

Comment

Forever Friends Dane Rescue had a booth last year at our specialty..and some of your Indy members walked with us to raise the money so we could charge so little for the Cardio testing this year...hey where else can you get a cardio done for $50???
        sigpic Shash
        Flynn always in my heart
        Artie, Piebald Tempo, Mantle
        Leo, Harlequin Ch Bella, queen

Comment

I love FFGDR! They go to the Avon Pet Supplies Plus, I think once a month. My shelter's day was always the same day as theirs. I've spoken with several of them before. I loved the harl puppy, Tilly. Do you know her?

Comment

I have not actually met any of the Indy volunteers, its at least 3 hrs from me, so would be a long day trip........lol. But I believe Tilly belongs to one of the volunteers as we don't normally bring adoptables to events. I think she belongs to the gal who runs everything on that end, but not positive.
            sigpic

Chris, mom to: Keiko--husky/shep mix (RIP), Gunther--great dane, Nigel and Posey--rat terriers, Pasta--cockatiel, Louigi--peach fronted conure, Hamlet--blue crowned conure

Comment

Ah, good to know. I didn't think they brought adoptables. That's kind of weird to me though but I guess every rescue is different. We always had adoptable pets. They did bring Gracie (I think that was her name). She was supposed to be a Dane / Catahoula mix? I know her and Tilly were the same age and Tilly was much bigger than her. It was a while ago though.

Comment

we used to bring adoptables, that is a new change. I'm hoping one they will revisit in the future as so many people go to see the ones up for adoption. I can't tell you how many people have asked if gunther was available............lol.
                sigpic

Comment

I had a lot of fun today! It may cost to get in the doors but you make up for it with free stuff inside! There are a lot of great vendors and fabulous, well made items. A lot of good prices too! I'm so glad I decided not to take Emily because a lot of people didn't pay attention to their dogs and let them do whatever they want. She's got a bit of dog aggression. However, Kaiser is just a good boy and loves everyone!

There were a lot of Great Danes there today so Kaiser felt right at home with canines his own size... and BIGGER! There was a brindle dog that made Kaiser look tiny! He was a good six inches taller than him. Kaiser was a great dog and greated everyone properly! Though, he was trying to get us thrown in jail... he's my little cookie thief! Every booth we walked by he would try to grab something!

I stopped by FFGDR's booth several times today. I had met some of them before at pet store events and at a great dane walk we went to down town. We went back in the spring, I believe and Kaiser made friends with a little mantle puppy. We met her and her owner today and she's not so little anymore. She's just as big as my old man!

It was great and if anyone is in the area, I really suggest you go tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                  X