International Dog Show 2/24-2/26

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Dog Show 2/24-2/26

So, is anyone going?!?!? Mom and I are going up on Saturday, I'm so excited! My sister-in-law and niece are coming with us, this will be Faela's first dog show. I'm hoping the guy is there that was selling the titanium training collars, they were so pretty and I want one!
    sigpic
    My Crew
    The Danes:
    Ximmy - DOB 11/23/09, Sprocket - Gotcha Day - 8/14/11
    The Cats:
    Kit-ten Rescued 1999 - calico; Banshee Rescued 2007 - Maine Coon Mix; OnzaPous and ReignaPous DOB - 2/17/09 - Maine Coon's
    At the bridge: Thumper, Ditto & Chaos
    ~Dogs and cats instinctively know the exact moment their owners will wake up. Then they wake them 10 minutes sooner.~

I'm out of the loop. Give me details!
    sigpic
    Emily
    Jazz - GD rescued at 5 months (september 27th, 2009)
    Blues - GD rescued at ? grew through 2012 (July 29, 2011)
    Preston - 8 y/o "grumpy old man" yorkie mix

bluesfightscancer.com

Comment

I will be there with Forever Friends Great Dane Rescue. I'll be there Sat morning and Sun afternoon with Gunther. We'll have a few other danes there as well.

Emily.................it is THE biggest dog show I'm pretty sure in the entire state all year. All breed show. And what's even better, its a BENCHED show, so the dogs/handlers/owners have to sit and be social during the benching hours. there is also agility going on. Vendors galore, altho many of them catering to show people. I'm excited to see the cane corsos, but disappointed that once again, no pyrenean shepherds are entered. Its held at McCormick Place, Lakeside building from 8-4 both Sat/Sun. Parking's a pain but I think well worth it.
      sigpic

Chris, mom to: Keiko--husky/shep mix (RIP), Gunther--great dane, Nigel and Posey--rat terriers, Pasta--cockatiel, Louigi--peach fronted conure, Hamlet--blue crowned conure

Comment

I can't go that far upstate in a day trip. Nobody to watch after the beasts!

Have fun without me!
        sigpic
        Emily
        Jazz - GD rescued at 5 months (september 27th, 2009)
        Blues - GD rescued at ? grew through 2012 (July 29, 2011)
        Preston - 8 y/o "grumpy old man" yorkie mix

bluesfightscancer.com

Comment

I have been there many times and it's alot of fun. However, I have been disappointed with the number of breeders that have been participating in the benching. Really not many. One year there was only one St. Bernard.
          sigpic
          Deb

Duke and Ivy

Comment

The entry is way down from the years when I actually exhibited at the International, but it is still a great show to go to if you can get a pup sitter. (Sprocket is going to a friends house. Ximmy can't go to Christina's as she is anti-social, so we have to make the sure we don't leave her too long.)
            Parking does suck, but the shuttle helps.
            sigpicLynn - Ximmy's Mom's Mom - John & Lynsie, skin kids, Faela & Gus skin grandkids,OnzaPous, ReignaPous, Banshee & Kit-ten and now Dare Devil and Fuzzy Butt the cats, and of course......Ximmy Ximmy Xoom Xoom and [COLOR=red]Sprocket (aka Sprockey Wocky Puppy Pants) and Sibanca our newest Dane rescue

Comment

I'm just thrilled there are 5 cane corsos entered. Last time i was there was 2 yrs ago and there was only 1.
              11 great danes entered, so not huge numbers but larger than other groups.
              sigpic

Chris, mom to: Keiko--husky/shep mix (RIP), Gunther--great dane, Nigel and Posey--rat terriers, Pasta--cockatiel, Louigi--peach fronted conure, Hamlet--blue crowned conure

Comment

Working...
              X