Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• october 16 DANE-IN

here's the plan...

i will gather up firewood in the morning, fill a big cooler with ice and sodas and maybe a few wine coolers. i'll have hot dogs and chips for a weiner roast and i will make a big pan of my famous ooey-gooey brownies.

i get up at 4:30 a.m. i am not on any set schedule so any time people arrive is fine with me.

i have one giant dane-sized crate should the need arise.

i have plenty of lawn chairs so no need to bring those.

all i really need is a head count so i'll know how much to get in the way of food/drinks. also, please specify your choice of drinks.

everybody is welcome, all dogs welcome! if anybody has dog(s) that they don't want off-leash, we can set up some picket lines between trees.

for anybody driving a distance, whether short or long, you are more than welcome to spend the night. i only have one couch and emily has already spoken for it but i do have lots of floor space in the living room and also in 2 other rooms. i have a few blankets and extra pillows but those might be something you would want to bring in case they are needed.

since i live in the country, i do not have city water. my water comes from an underground spring, piped up through a sand point. so, if you think your dogs might not like it, you might want to bring jugs of your own water. there are no chemicals added to my water, it's filtered through sand and is as pure as the driven snow.

if whoever comes decides they never want to leave (i've had a few of those!), the only requirement is that you pitch in to build a couple of extra rooms on.

i can guarantee a good time and at the end of the day i can guarantee dogs tired enough to sleep for 3 days!

if you wish to map out a route, i live in winchester (illinois). i will pm driving directions/address/cell phone number to anybody who wants to come.

oh and one more thing...there will be an informal costume contest for the dogs. once i have a head count, i will know how many door prizes i need to get.

ashley, pea, bentley and i are all looking forward to a great time!!!!!
    [SIGPIC]

Ximmy, Lynn & Lynsie are coming and really looking forward to the fun!
    sigpicLynn - Ximmy's Mom's Mom - John & Lynsie, skin kids, Faela & Gus skin grandkids,OnzaPous, ReignaPous, Banshee & Kit-ten and now Dare Devil and Fuzzy Butt the cats, and of course......Ximmy Ximmy Xoom Xoom and [COLOR=red]Sprocket (aka Sprockey Wocky Puppy Pants) and Sibanca our newest Dane rescue

Comment

aww, I wish I could come. Macy just isn't ready for this kind of thing....Ruf would have LOVED it though! Maybe if this becomes an annual thing, Macy will be ready next year!
      Rachael

sigpic

Comment

Me and both of my girls,if dane crosses count. There is no need for you to get everything we will be more than happy to pitch in. What time are we talking? Is this a all day thing or just a couple hours?Just tell me what to bring and what time and we will be there.I can not wait.This is going to be so fun.Can I take notes????
        sigpic

Comment

If I lived by you, you would be in trouble because I would be moving in!
          Chris, Wife to Dave, and Mom three human teenagers.
          Also mom to Tori (11 yo Lab), , Ayla (2 yo brindle dane), Milo (2 yo boxer), Killian (4 week old iw pup who is still with his breeder and mommy) 3 kittens, 2 horses, multiple reptiles, 7 fainting goats, 25 chickens, and 2 pot bellied pigs, all of whom make life great!
          RIP CARLIE 2/09-2/11 & REILLY 10/4/08-11/20/12, best friends together forever now.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mkueper View Post
            Me and both of my girls,if dane crosses count. There is no need for you to get everything we will be more than happy to pitch in. What time are we talking? Is this a all day thing or just a couple hours?Just tell me what to bring and what time and we will be there.I can not wait.This is going to be so fun.Can I take notes????
            yup, dane crosses and anything else welcome, too! i'm up at 4:30 a.m., and my schedule is totally focused on dane-in so arrive at your leisure. i have absolutely nothing planned for sunday/monday, don't have to go to work till tuesday so we will party till we can't party any more.

really no need to bring anything other than yourselves and your dogs and whatever your dogs might need that i won't have. this one's on me! you can take notes as long as you destroy them in the campfire!

Originally posted by crdane View Post
            If I lived by you, you would be in trouble because I would be moving in!
            that's why God made airplanes!!!
            [SIGPIC]

Comment

I would loves to comes but that is too far for freja to ride in car. I can not drive that far.

Comment

It's a bit too far from AZ. But, feel free to ship some Ooey Gooey brownines this way!
                sigpicKelly

Comment

Originally posted by DANEger View Post
                  It's a bit too far from AZ. But, feel free to ship some Ooey Gooey brownines this way!
                  LOL! i can almost guarantee you, there won't be any left to ship.

we will miss those who can't come but there will be lots of pics.
                  [SIGPIC]

Comment

I would LOVE to come to this - I fear it's a wee bit too far though for us to get there!

I can't wait to hear all about it afterwards and see all the pictures!

Comment

i think all you who live too far away should meet in a central location, charter a jet and come!

brownies and danes/subliminal message...brownies and danes...subliminal message...brownie and....
                      [SIGPIC]

Comment

I was thinking about coming, but that is the same weekend most likely of my trip to Arkansas. Even if I go there the weekend before, I dont think I could swing two weekends out of town in a row...especially since I have a wedding on the 25th.....

If you have another I will definitley try to come though!!!

Comment

oh, there will definitely be another, i'm sure! maybe not this fall but definitely in the spring. who knows...maybe we'll have a mild november!
                          [SIGPIC]

Comment

just bumping this up to let everybody know i will send pm's over the next couple of days with directions as well as my cell phone number.

sure hope the weather we are having right now hangs around, it's perfect for campfires and doggy romps on the farm!!

looking forward to seeing everybody who can make it here.
                            [SIGPIC]

Comment

Jazz and I are in! She is fully recovered from the party yesterday and ready for more! We may have to hire your danes, she ate today the best she has in months!

Emily
                              sigpic
                              Emily
                              Jazz - GD rescued at 5 months (september 27th, 2009)
                              Blues - GD rescued at ? grew through 2012 (July 29, 2011)
                              Preston - 8 y/o "grumpy old man" yorkie mix

bluesfightscancer.com

Comment

Working...
                              X