No announcement yet.

Doggie Dip 2009

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, I wish they did something like that here in Portland! Our pools aren't open very long because our summer season is short. If there's anything like that, I've never heard of it. Is it advertised where you are?
    Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.

Comment

That looks like a blast!!! Green Bean looks like he had fun.

Comment

That looks like SO MUCH FUN!! Green bean looks like hes having a blast!!
        I wish we had something like that around here!!

Kelly - Wife to Eric, Mom to Noah.
        Xavier - 1 year old.
        RIP Jake - We miss you.
        Proverbs 12:10 A Righteous Man has Regard for the Life of his Animal.

Comment

Green Bean looks like he had a blast!!!!!! I wish our pool did something like this.
          Rachael

sigpic

Comment

They advertise in the local paper. This is the fourth year they have done it. Contact your local park and rec dept. If you need contact info for ours, I can send it. Maybe you can get them to start it in your area. Our town is so UN dog friendly, I am really surprised that they do this here.

Yes, Beans had a BLAST. We can't wait for Monday. The weather is supposed to be much better.
            sigpic

Comment

Doggie dip 2009 #2 is TOMORROW. Green Bean can't wait.
              Anyone want to go, let me know, I will send you directions. We would love to see more danes!
              sigpic

Comment

Ah darn, I missed this thread. I took a summer 'leave' from DOL and miss the good stuff!

Cedar Rapids had their dog swim time the 22 and 23, since I rarely take a weekend off, we only got to spend a couple hours there. It was Linus' first time in a pool, he was so nervous. He was the only Dane to show up both days! I got a kick out of how many people helped us 'cheer' him on to try jumping in off the side (never really did the deep end). The only way we could get him to willingly come into the water was if BOTH of us were standing in the middle of the pool, then he would wade in thru the zero entry. Here is a link to a youtube video (I have 3 posted of his first swim)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAKprohrFgg

Iowa City is holding theirs the 8th & 9th - I plan on taking Linus one day and trying Todd out on the other. As word gets out, there are more pools doing this after they close to the public - a great way to help out the local rescues/shelters!
                Attached Files
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WeLoveOur7Dogs View Post
                  We got that wubba last year at the end of summer on clearance and kept it just for this day. Now I got a new one for next year and this one goes on the boat
                  I wish the CR pools would let us bring in our own toys, they provided tennis balls and rubber duckies - to keep the posession fights down. Linus could care less about tennis balls, but if I had his favorite rope, he may have done leaps off the board for it!
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X