Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Central Alabama/Birmingham Dog Parks, Trainers, and/or Meet-ups?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Alabama/Birmingham Dog Parks, Trainers, and/or Meet-ups?

I've had a home here in the Leeds/Birmingham area for many years... but until recently I've lived all over the world in the military. Now that I'm back in AL permanently, I'm interested in knowing of any dane-friendly dog parks, trainer/behaviorists, or existing Dane Meet-ups in the area.

If there doesn't already exist a Dane Meet-up Group... would anyone be interested in starting one? I've briefly discussed playdates with members on here, but curious about possible meet-up groups.

Even if you're not interested in a meet-up... if you know of any good dane friendly dog parks in the area or trainers/behaviorists worth checking out, let me know.
    - Chris
    "Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal"
    sigpic

You know I'd be in for a meet up!

I have a WONDERFUL trainer/behaviorist I can refer you to. Can I post his website here, or should I PM you?
    sigpic
    Mom to:
    Danes Kobe and Sabre.

Dachshunds Penny and Otto.
    Pit Bulls Brees and Crystal.
    Chihuahua puppy Jersey.
    5 year old princess Ariel.

Comment

Probably PM..
      I know you can link to products/training aids/etc... but I don't know about trainers' websites as it could be construed as promoting or avdocating for a certain trainer or style.
      - Chris
      "Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal"
      sigpic

Comment

I'm in for a meet-up too! Now that Trinity is vaccinated .. I'm down like a Redheaded Alabama Clown! haha

As far as dog parks go .. the Greensprings Dog Park is pretty cool. It's never super busy, the area for big dogs is huge. It's got a 6' fence, and a running stream where you can grab some water.
        sigpic
        A backyard breeder (BYB) is someone who has been deemed not a reputable breeder.

A "Responsible Breeder" supports their buyers, supports their own dogs, and supports the lives of any fututre puppies by having (and keeping up with) all the appropriate health testing suggested by the GDCA.

Comment

We have a Dane party at the Trussville Petsmart every friday night at 7pm

Comment

Really?!?!

How did I not know about that?
            I guess my Dane spy in Trussville is slacking
            *cough*Dippy*cough*
            - Chris
            sigpic

Comment

I post about it on my Facebook every Friday Chris! <3 That's what I mean when I say "Great Dane Night tonight! Petsmart! 7 PM! BE THERE!"
              sigpic
              Mom to:
              Danes Kobe and Sabre.

Dachshunds Penny and Otto.
              Pit Bulls Brees and Crystal.
              Chihuahua puppy Jersey.
              5 year old princess Ariel.

Comment

Does anybody get info on the gdc in al I was talking to a lady about it but she is busy a lot so I was just wondering if anybody else new about the meetings thank u so much
                sigpic u better love me because its all mine!!!!!!!!!!!! Got to love a dane

Comment

Working...
                X