Infection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infection

I think Bentleys incision is infected. It has a little bit of pus and is a little red. I cleaned it but I'm worried it's going to get worse. Has this happened with anyone else? It looks like a suture is missing but it's not an open wound or anything.

If you're worried it's infected, I'd give the vet a call first thing in the morning.
    sigpic
    Chaucey
    Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

Yeah, I'd call the vet first thing tomorrow. With something like that they can usually squeeze you in quick to at least take a look. Better safe than sorry.
      sigpic
      Fergus
      SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
      Eisen Shark
      C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Comment

Yes, to the vet!

When Eli had this neuter debacle it got infected after the stitches ripped because the incision was open. I did warm iodine compresses, mupirocin ointment, and oral antibiotics.

Did you clean it with something the vet gave you? What did you use?
        sigpic

Comment

Some discharge and a bit of redness can be normal but any and all possible signs of infection should be looked at by a vet ASAP.

Comment

Agreed! Get it looked at. It might be nothing, but you don't want to wait and have it get really bad. Is the area around the incision warm to touch? If it is, that's a pretty sure-fire way to tell that it's infected.
            sigpic
            “Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.”

Comment

I forgot to respond that a little bit of witch hazel and apple cider vinegar cleared it right up in one night.

Comment

Working...
              X