Bentley getting Neutered

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bentley getting Neutered

Yay! Finally! After what seems like forever I finally signed Bentley up to get neutered and he's in surgery as we speak. He is 15 months, originally I wanted to wait till he was 18 months but he has had no rapid growth for several months and I really wanna take him to the groomer and what not so I decided to do it a little early.

I'm wondering how long his recovery time will be? Is it different for bigger dogs? He's about 120 lbs and 30 inches at the shoulder. Also, is he going to calm down a little? Thanks for your time guys. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434471611.472809.jpg

They didn't give us any pain meds, is this normal?

Comment

Originally posted by LunaBunaa View Post
      They didn't give us any pain meds, is this normal?
      It depends what vet you use . When we adopted our first boy who had gastropexie and his tail docked at the same time didn't come home with any meds and I was surprised . I ask the vet about it and he told me that a dog in pain will not make any erratic moves and get up and run around. Now, our foster pups who get fixed get meds. ( Tramadol )
      Today, we rescued a Dane girl from the shelter who got fixed yesterday and she didn't get any meds. ....
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by danelover1 View Post
        It depends what vet you use . When we adopted our first boy who had gastropexie and his tail docked at the same time didn't come home with any meds and I was surprised . I ask the vet about it and he told me that a dog in pain will not make any erratic moves and get up and run around. Now, our foster pups who get fixed get meds. ( Tramadol )
        Today, we rescued a Dane girl from the shelter who got fixed yesterday and she didn't get any meds. ....
        Jeez! That sounds pretty dang harsh. Ferg was miserable for a day or 2 after his neuter (pexy at the same time though) and when I called my vet they told me the max amount of tramadol he could have, and told me to call ASAP if it wasn't working and he was in obvious pain.
        sigpic
        Fergus
        SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
        Eisen Shark
        C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Comment

Working...
        X