Speaking of spay/neuters...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of spay/neuters...

Finn's is scheduled. He goes in for a lap neuter and pexy on 11/5. I'm a little nervous alread.y. I'm not looking forward to keeping him quiet that long. There better be drugs involved for at least one of us, lol!
    sigpic
    Chaucey
    Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Last edited by skunze; 07-26-2016, 08:22 AM.

Comment

I really only scheduled it so far in advance to guarantee I can get time off work since it will be around the holidays His regular vet rarely does pexies and told us we should find another vet with experience in them. We'll be using his breeder's vet, about 3 hours away. Asaah went to the same one in January and we were very happy with him.
      sigpic
      Chaucey

Comment

Last edited by skunze; 07-26-2016, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by skunze View Post
          Ah! This totally makes sense, I am so taking a couple days off when Macallan has his appointment - and I second your earlier comment on the drugs ;-) I love your vet for telling you to get an experienced one for the pexy! I will start the conversation with ours next time. I've already started to ask around, I'm in the Lansing area, so if anybody knows a good vet in driving distance, please let me know! One option I came across: A study at MSU on bloat focusing on genetics and stomach contractions. I'd love the idea to help with research on this topic but at the same time I'm totally worried about the additional stress for Macallan with some testing before and after the pexy/neuter. What would you guys do?
          What does the study involve?
          sigpic
          Chaucey

Comment

Originally posted by oshagcj914 View Post
            What does the study involve?
            The one I've heard of was just some some blood samples and history on the dog.

Comment

Last edited by skunze; 07-26-2016, 08:24 AM.

Comment

I think if your. Or stresses that easily, I'd just pass on it. He'll already be stressed enough from surgery, plus this on top of it. I'd be worried that the stress might actually trigger bloat.
                sigpic
                Chaucey

Comment

Working...
                X