X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dolmod
    started a topic Dane Damage anyone?

Dane Damage anyone?

Inspired by danes all over the world who do double duty when destroying things, I'd like to put a thread together here, and an album together on our FB page of "Dane Damage". You can see some of the pics already added to the "Dane Damage Album", or as it was fondly called by one of my friends, "You really should have bought a fish" album.

So please-post your dane damage photos here on this thread, along with a brief synopsis of the mayhem that ensued, and if you also have time, post it on the wall of The Great Danes Online Facebook Page. I will add it to the album.

• mr.coon
    replied
    Originally posted by jrturk View Post
    Wow, hope he didn't get zapped!
    Seems like he would have gotten a little jolt. He locked himself in the bathroom and apparently didn't like being stuck in there. I have to admit. I didn't exercise him the afternoon before or in the morning before leaving for work. I will never make that mistake again.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 4G LTE using Tapatalk 4.

Leave a comment:

• Lunavdm
    replied
    Holy moly I am scared to leave Luna alone now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Leave a comment:

• jrturk
    replied
    Originally posted by mr.coon View Post
    Came home to the light switch chewed off the wall
    Wow, hope he didn't get zapped!

Leave a comment:

• mr.coon
    replied
    Came home to the light switch chewed off the wall

Sent from my Droid Incredible 4G LTE using Tapatalk 4.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• cjr4497
    replied
    Ambrose has had something against this couch since day one. Now he has to be put in the laundry room when we leave him alone. However, he has recently learned how to open the deadbolt with his nose and kick the door open!

Sent from my Droid Incredible 4G LTE

Leave a comment:

• kayla baxter
    replied
    Poor Zephyr had an upset tummy today while no one was home and in his panic to try and find a way outside to poop he ripped the screen out of the kitchen window and chewed a bedroom doorknob.

Leave a comment:

• kweber10
    replied
    Bug has destroyed a few couches....Only have picture of this one which he did a few months ago. He was not please to be left home that day (it was longer than we normally leave him). The other couch was destroyed when he was going through that teenage rebellious phase.

Leave a comment:

• OversizedPaws
    replied

My Dane didn't do this, but a Dane we were dog sitting did when we left for an errand. At the very least, he brought all of his destruction from the house to a single area. He even brought items he wanted from other rtooms and upstairs to that spot. :P

Leave a comment:

• TattooShan77
    replied
    This was a *brand new* bed only about 12 hours old. I had to make a trip to the ER for a migraine and she wasn't too happy to be left alone for the 4 hours I was gone. She now has a Kuranda bed with a fleece mat on top. And so far the fleece mat is holding up! It's been through the wash several times and even with all the digging she does on it there's not a single hole in it, heck, it doesn't even shed fluff like most fleece bedding!

So far she's only destroyed her things. Although she's discovered the banister is pretty tasty I've caught her before any damage was done. Here's hoping it stays that way.

Leave a comment:

• DextersMomma
    replied
    Kayla, dexter has done this to TWO crib mattresses......once at 2 and again at 3 when we thought maybe being older would mAke it better... Lol

Can't forget he used to zoomie in the bedroom and manage to tear the bed skirt out from under the mattress and box spring!

Leave a comment:

• kayla baxter
    replied
    Originally posted by flyinggiraffe View Post
    Holy moly! You'd think the dog would appreciate the comfy mattress! What did you put in there that wouldn't get destroyed, out of curiosity?
    After that it was just a bunch of king sized fleece blankets. He didn't mess with them. When I tried comforters he ripped them open and pulled the fluff out. He didn't start killing his crate beds until 8-9 months old.

Leave a comment:

• flyinggiraffe
    replied
    Originally posted by kayla baxter View Post
    First and only time putting a crib mattress in 9 month old Zephyr's crate.
    Holy moly! You'd think the dog would appreciate the comfy mattress! What did you put in there that wouldn't get destroyed, out of curiosity?

Leave a comment:

• kimberly1627
    replied
    From the peanut galleryImageUploadedByTapatalk1337863706.537077.jpg
    I love how he's sitting there like he found it that way

Leave a comment:

• Sevren
    replied
    Ever get curious about what the inside of your couch looks like? Capone decided it was time to reupholster our love seat this morning.

Lesson learned, never fall asleep again!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X