Anybody else dress up their Dane?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else dress up their Dane?

Just wondering if anybody else dresses up their dane on a regular basis? We'll change collars and bandanas for different walks and puppy playdates, we add flowers or bows to her harness for "fancy" occasions. She has different leg warmers depending on the season.

I've had trouble finding actual clothes that fit so if anybody wants to share their favorite dane clothing resources please do! Please!

Also, one reason I started doing this (besides that she so freaking adorable) is that I found people, especially children, would get scared of the big black dog and always moved away and made comments like "whoa that's a big fella".....but add a hot pink harness covered in pale pink silk flowers and suddenly everybody loooves her and children want to pet her and the comments are "isn't she just the cutest thing".
    Attached Files
    sigpicIntroducing Miss Maggie Maggie - 3 Years Old

Adorable!! I tried antlers for a Xmas picture but she's too much of a puppy to leave them on She wears sweaters when it's chilly but other than that, no fancy wardrobe...yet... She grows out of them to quickly.

Comment

I don't really. I have put a hoodie on Ghosty a couple of times because it is SOOOOO cute. But we live in Texas, so there is not a need for clothes, and it's just not something we have really done. I am not opposed to it though, and I REALLY like the leg warmers! Do you make them yourself?
      sigpic

Comment

Keebler wore antlers last night because he kept grabbing them and dragging them all over the house. I took that as him telling me he wanted to wear them.
        sigpic
        "Mom, he's touching me"
        Emily - Mom of Mick (12yo collie/aussie), Rosie (9yo fawn dane) and Keebler (4yo black dane)

Comment

I second the leg warmers!! Where did you get them?!
          sigpic
          Kari and Lilly
          lillythedane.wordpress.com

Comment

I LOVE the leg warmers! Where do you get them??

Hubby HATES dressing the dog. So far I have only managed to get him to agree to coats/ sweaters when it is cold out. Although I put bandanas on her often and she has like 5 different collars.

Also, LOVE the pink dino stuffy. We have one that is "well loved" (ie: no stuffing left) but it did last longer than most stuffies....
            sigpic

Comment

Oooh! I found the leg warmers!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/knottybabywear?ref=seller_info

Check out her "buy in bulk" for a good deal!
              sigpic
              Kari and Lilly

Comment

Eeek!!

I just ordered four pairs! Can't wait til they arrive!!
                sigpic
                Kari and Lilly

Comment

Do they have any "manly" ones??? Geez, makes me wish I had a female to go with my beasts.
                  sigpic
                  "Mom, he's touching me"
                  Emily - Mom of Mick (12yo collie/aussie), Rosie (9yo fawn dane) and Keebler (4yo black dane)

Comment

Thanks for all the compliments.

Yes, I got the legwarmers on Etsy, they are great although still a little loose but once she's done growing I think they'll be perfect!

Deb- We are in Texas too, I think that's why I accessorize more the doing outfits. But it is cold in DFW now and while I don't need a serious winter coat, I'd love to find a cute sweater or fleece cape

Cecily-My hubby isn't a fan either, although he agreed to bandanas (should've seen his face when I bedazzled a huge hot pink bandana for her) but luckily hubby has no authority on wardrobe decisons around here!

Comment

Adorable! She looks proud of her fashion in the bandana picture!
                      sigpic
                      "Saving one Dog won't change the world but the world will change for that one dog."

Comment

My husband is the same way "NO CLOTHES FOR THE DOGS!" our min pin had a coat cause he was so tiny he couldn't make it with out it.

No clothes for Princess. She can't do leg warmers she hardly has any haha shes a corgi

But I have slowly added bandanas to Bevo, my hubby grumbled for a few days but now hes over it, don't think he would go for leg warmers though and Bevo might be upset unless they are really manly haha

Comment

Originally posted by lillydaneowner View Post
                          Oooh! I found the leg warmers!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/knottybabywear?ref=seller_info

Check out her "buy in bulk" for a good deal!
                          I LOVE etsy its great, I have a store on there myself its called The distressed damsel.
                          GREAT DANE - When a dog just isn't enough.

Comment

Kimba sometimes wears a bandanas, T-shirts, and sweaters.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikenrydem View Post
                              Kimba sometimes wears a bandanas, T-shirts, and sweaters.
                              Where do you get the sweaters?

Comment

Working...
                              X