Castiel, 6.5 weeks, comes to visit!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castiel, 6.5 weeks, comes to visit!

Castiel is too young to come home, but our breeder doesn't live far away, so she drove Castiel and his mum to our place for a visit as the pups are nearly weaned and Briar, his mum, is starting to get a little sick of seven babies who are getting rather ginormous following her around trying to nurse. It was a break for Briar and an opportunity for Castiel to explore our home. He won't be coming home for permanent until February 19th.

Here is some pictospam from his visit!

Picked him up for a hug when he got out of the van!

It was super cold, so we went inside where he climbed all over my partner.

He had his first drink out of his new water dish! (Not pictured is his fascination with the cat fountain--we'll have to buy a larger fountain!)

After playing with my cat's favourite tennis ball, Castiel laid down.

And took a nap.

His paws are HUGE!

We took him to the pet shop around the corner (first leashed walk and he walked PERFECTLY with a loose lead the whole way which made me go in a good way!) to meet our favourite pet store clerk and he passed out between my partner's feet!

We're totally in loooooove!
    Last edited by Thoenix; 02-10-2011, 09:56 PM.
    1 Great Dane - Castiel (white-deaf and visually impaired). 4 cats - Shinigami, Peter Parker, Dial Home Device aka DHD and Mobile Analytical Laboratory Probe aka MALP. 3 reformed feeder rats - Steve , Tony and Bruce. 1 sugar glider - Donna.

A home with a wealth of animals, on our journey to becoming a home with a wealth of animals and a dearth of clutter.

His name is even more appropriate with those gorgeous blue eyes. Lovely pics. He is so darn cute!
    ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

Did your breeder know you were taking him to the pet store?

At 6.5 weeks, it is VERY dangerous for your puppy to be in a pet store, especially on the ground. There are far too many viruses where other dogs have been, and your pup's immune system is nil.

I'm glad you got to visit with your puppy, but please don't be too enthusiastic with the outings. You'll have plenty of time to socialize him when he's old enough to have gotten the right shots.
      Charlotte, Zack (Blue Harlequin GD), and Grey (Russian Blue mix Cat)

sigpic
      Follow Zack's blog: http://wisdombyzack.wordpress.com/

Comment

I agree with this. If he needs to go to the store with you, he shouldn't be on the floor where other dogs have been (you should carry him). I have seen too many parvo dogs to count because of outings too soon.

Back to topic, he's adorable! =)
        sigpic
        Crystal
        Owned by:
        Dexter 8 year old GD, CGC
        CH xxx's Top Gear AKA Studebaker (Baker) 4 years
        Bagel 19 yr old Maine Coon
        Lox 11 yr old Russian Blue mix

Comment

He is sure a good looking puppy! I have to echo the concerns for taking him out too soon (before vaccines). You just can't be too careful!
          sigpicLynn - Ximmy's Mom's Mom - John & Lynsie, skin kids, Faela & Gus skin grandkids,OnzaPous, ReignaPous, Banshee & Kit-ten and now Dare Devil and Fuzzy Butt the cats, and of course......Ximmy Ximmy Xoom Xoom and [COLOR=red]Sprocket (aka Sprockey Wocky Puppy Pants) and Sibanca our newest Dane rescue

Comment

What a great looking pup!! Looks very handsome and well cared for!!
            Congrats!!

I know its so hard to contain your excitement.......I remember feeling the exact same way when I got my first one! I dont know how prevelant parvo is in your country, but here, especially in the south, it is super common and why it sends chills to see a pup so young in a public area.

Good luck with your boy.........he is super cute!
            Carolyn
            Divine Acres Great Danes
            Divine Acres The Legend "Bruce" 5 1/2 months old..5th generation of DA Danes!
            sigpic

Comment

Oh, that face!! He is so precious with his rolly-polly goodness Congrats!!

Comment

Very cute!

I agree with the puppy being to young to be on the floor of such a dog-heavy public place.

I would also love to see the mom! Do you have any pics of her visit with you?
                sigpic
                -Sara-
                -Classic & Zuma-

Comment

He is so sweet. I love the "nap" picture. I just want to scoop him right up.

Congratulations!
                  sigpic

Kiizhik-LabXRotti (1999-2012) R.I.P. baby girl.
                  Gimaakwe-LabX (2004-
                  Deaglan-Dane (May 2008-Feb 26, 2016) RIP My Sweet Boy.
                  Jadzia-Dane (2010-
                  Gallagher-Irish Wolfhound (Dec 4, 2016-

Comment

What a sweet looking boy! Glad you had a good visit!
                    sigpic Brenda
                    RIP Gibson 9/06 - 8/11
                    Presley 8/96 - 11/06

Comment

very cute puppy. my thoughts are the same on him being at the pet store before having his vaccines. i could be totally wrong about this, and i'm not trying to be rude, but i am a bit concerned about the breeder bringing such a young puppy into public, as well as him being almost completely white (due to the pattern of all white danes commonly being deaf/or blind.) i dont know too much about this, i'm not a breeder, everything i know has come from this forum, so i could be entirely wrong...i'm just a bit concerned. i know you guys will love your doggy no matter what. i hope everything goes well and you have a healthy puppy. he is obviously a total sweetheart <3

again, i'm not trying to be mean at all, i just feel that it would be wrong if i didn't mention these concerns.

Comment

Working...
                      X