"Shake it off!" Video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Shake it off!" Video

Everyone who has a dane with natural ears (and some "almost" cropped ears) knows what I mean when I say "combover ear." It's when the ear flops over and effectively reduces the danes IQ by 50pts?

Well I've been working on a command for Layla to "shake it off" when she has an ear flopped over. I started by having her close and saying "shake it off" while I blew gently in her ear. This tickled her, so she shook. Now I can give the command and she'll shake.... except sometimes (like in the video) you have to still blow. Even though I'm not blowing into her ear, she still knows what it means.

Also I hate the sound of my voice on video. I don't sound like that in real life... well maybe I do, but I don't sound like that to me.

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...nt=Unsaved.mp4
    sigpic

Collin, that is hysterical. I want to teach that to Carlie. I love it!!
    Chris, Wife to Dave, and Mom three human teenagers.
    Also mom to Tori (11 yo Lab), , Ayla (2 yo brindle dane), Milo (2 yo boxer), Killian (4 week old iw pup who is still with his breeder and mommy) 3 kittens, 2 horses, multiple reptiles, 7 fainting goats, 25 chickens, and 2 pot bellied pigs, all of whom make life great!
    RIP CARLIE 2/09-2/11 & REILLY 10/4/08-11/20/12, best friends together forever now.

sigpic

Comment

Cute! I love it!
      sigpic
      -Sara-
      -Classic & Zuma-

Comment

LOL That is cute!!

Kelly - Wife to Eric, Mom to Noah.
        Xavier - 1 year old.
        RIP Jake - We miss you.
        Proverbs 12:10 A Righteous Man has Regard for the Life of his Animal.

Comment

Clever trick!
          sigpic Halpert at 28 months

Comment

That is a RIOT!!!
            Katie & Scarlett
            sigpic

Comment

Very cute! And practical! I'm going to have to teach that
              Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened.
              - Anatole France

Comment

Originally posted by MrGretsch View Post
                Everyone who has a dane with natural ears (and some "almost" cropped ears) knows what I mean when I say "combover ear." It's when the ear flops over and effectively reduces the danes IQ by 50pts?
                What if they only had 50 pts to begin with?
                sigpic

Comment

That's great!! You have a nice voice but, I'm like you, I don't like the sound of my voice on video at all and cringe when I hear it played back.
                  What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say ~ Ralph Waldo Emmerson

Comment

Originally posted by WeLoveOur7Dogs View Post
                    What if they only had 50 pts to begin with?
                    I'm pretty sure they'd drop into the negatives. Like this poor dog for example:

http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.c...s-who-sez1.jpg
                    sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=MrGretsch;570829]Everyone who has a dane with natural ears (and some "almost" cropped ears) knows what I mean when I say "combover ear." It's when the ear flops over and effectively reduces the danes IQ by 50pts?

That is exactly how I feel when Heidi's ears do that. I never thought of teaching her a command like that but I definately will now. Talk about a time saver, it will probably save me at least 10,000 fixes in her lifetime. Thanks for the video and suggestion.
                      sigpic
                      Steeler

Comment

Originally posted by Kana View Post
                        That's great!! You have a nice voice but, I'm like you, I don't like the sound of my voice on video at all and cringe when I hear it played back.
                        Yep, I'm the same. I think a lot of people feel that way.

Cute trick! LOL
                        Alex

Conor 9/1/09 - 10/31/13

Mason 10/1/09 -

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X