X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 Pet Photography Tips

9 Pet Photography Tips
    article by Darren Rowse

tips for all those budding pet photographers.
    sigpic
    In Memory of Sky, EZ and Honor

Visit Poke's Facebook Page

Member of the GDC of MD.
    Well behaved danes are not born. They are “made” by responsible and caring dane owners.

That is a great site Thank you
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for posting. I'm always trying to get a shot that looks at least half decent. Maybe with those tips I can!
      sigpic
      Roxy & Ace

Comment

Those are really great tips. These should help a lot. I think they may apply to kids too haha.
        Shana(33 yr) Wife to Chris (38) Mom to our son Blaze(3 yr) and our GD Sydnee (3 yr) and our Arabian Samurai (17 yr)
        It is a lovely thing to see a happy dog!
        sigpic

Comment

Helps to have a decent camera as well. I only have a Canon Power Shot and I have noticed it takes dismal pictures in comparison to other poster's pics.... If only I knew how to use the many settings on it as well....
          sigpic

My dogs may not be my whole life, but they make my life whole.

www.SteelRoseGreatDanes.com

Comment

I came across an awesome Photoshop Tutorial for removing "green eye" from photos. It doesn't work as well with "yellow eye" but it works fantastic for green.

Eyes turn Red, Green, Yellow, Etc. from the camera flash bouncing off the inside of the pupil, off the retina .. and while you can use the red eye reduction flash (which flashes once to make the pupil contract, then flashes again to take the photo) it doesn't work well with pets .. because they dont' sit still for their photos like humans do lol.

Step 1. Open your photo in Photoshop.

Step 2. Create a new layer and turn the original layer off.

Step 3. Use the Polygonal Lasso Tool to trace around both pupils (even if both aren't affected, they need to match).

Step 3. With the pupils selected, switch over to the Sponge Tool.

Step 4. Set the Sponge Tool to Desaturate (in the tool bar). Set the flow to 100%.

Step 5. Set your brush to a soft edge and increase the size to just larger than the entire pupil size.

Step 6. Put the brush over the pupil and click sever times until the color you wish to remove goes away (once it goes away stop clicking, we don't want to remove all pigmentation). Repeat for both pupils (remember how many times you clicked, they still need to match).

Step 7. Keep the pupils selected and switch over to the Burn Tool.

Step 8. Set the Mode to Shadows, Set the Exposure to 15%.

Step 9. Click the pupils (just like you did with the Sponge Tool) until the pupil looks "naturally black". Be care ful to not darken too much or you will lose the natural gloss and reflection (and then they eye will look dead).

Step 10. Deselect the pupils and switch to the Blur Tool. Set the Mode to Normal, set the Strength to 50%. Now carefully smudge around the edge of the pupil, so reduce the harsh line that was created from the Selection Perimeter.

Setp 11. Save and post!

Before

After

sigpic
            A backyard breeder (BYB) is someone who has been deemed not a reputable breeder.

A "Responsible Breeder" supports their buyers, supports their own dogs, and supports the lives of any fututre puppies by having (and keeping up with) all the appropriate health testing suggested by the GDCA.

Comment

I find that natural light is always best! Always get clear pictures on a nice afternoon or early morning! Hope y'all had a great 4th of July!

Comment

Working...
              X