Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone want to do a 52 project this year?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Angel7292 View Post
    The last 52 week project I did was a lot of fun. I thought I was going to do it this year but they are adding a twist to take a picture of the same subject in every photo every week and following the theme. That just sounded too boring. Don't get me wrong, I can take a picture a week of my dog, LOL, that's pretty easy and I do that already. I dunno, I guess the requirement of including the same sugject each week was annoying. LOL I'm game if someone gets it going.
    Lol, that's the FB one I just joined. I'm actually kind of excited about finding something to put in each photo...it will have to be something I can travel with since I'm planning on my trip to your neck of the woods. Also, if I end up moving this yr it will need to be something that I don't lose in the packing. I'm thinking of this really small glass "thing" that my friend gave me for Christmas, or one of the little trinkets that my best friend gave me before she passed away. Then I joined a flickr one that I plan on doing just the dogs.

If it's ok with dolmod then I think we should do one...minus the competition if everyone's ok with that...I just want to do it for the fun I have taking pics. Anyone know where they came up with the themes for each week?
    sigpic
    "Mom, he's touching me"
    Emily - Mom of Mick (12yo collie/aussie), Rosie (9yo fawn dane) and Keebler (4yo black dane)

Comment

I'm game.
      ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

Yeah the competition part made it kind of not fun. I get the idea behind it but with such a wide array of skill sets (and cameras lol) it was easy to loose motivation.

Comment

Originally posted by oubball14 View Post
          Lol, that's the FB one I just joined. I'm actually kind of excited about finding something to put in each photo...it will have to be something I can travel with since I'm planning on my trip to your neck of the woods. Also, if I end up moving this yr it will need to be something that I don't lose in the packing. I'm thinking of this really small glass "thing" that my friend gave me for Christmas, or one of the little trinkets that my best friend gave me before she passed away. Then I joined a flickr one that I plan on doing just the dogs.
          Yeaaaa the same object / subject every week, not so much to my liking. You'll like the group though. They stay pretty active.

And we BETTER see you when you are down this way. Like I said, training camp is like 10 minutes away.
          sigpic

Comment

I would love to start actually posting more on DOL and one of my goals for the new year is to pick up my camera more often. I log on to DOL everyday without fail, but rarely find the nerve to post (unless I have a concern about Hank) this project might get me over the hump so to speak. May I join?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shutterbuginaz View Post
              I would love to start actually posting more on DOL and one of my goals for the new year is to pick up my camera more often. I log on to DOL everyday without fail, but rarely find the nerve to post (unless I have a concern about Hank) this project might get me over the hump so to speak. May I join?

The more the merrier! I don't like lots of rules, lol...I just figure it's a good way to share photos and watch the dogs change (if the dogs are in the pics )...people can join in whenever, use whatever kind of camera is handy, etc. As soon as we get the ok from dolmod, I think it's a go. Now, does someone want to come up with themes or is there a list somewhere that we can pull from?!? This is my first time, so I may not be the most creative (heck, I might just use the themes from other projects lol).
              sigpic
              "Mom, he's touching me"
              Emily - Mom of Mick (12yo collie/aussie), Rosie (9yo fawn dane) and Keebler (4yo black dane)

Comment

I'd love to participate! Sounds like a lot of fun

Comment

I'm up for this....brilliant idea!
                  When do we start?

Comment

I like the idea why not let everyone who joins have a rotating turn at desiding a theme or have everyone submit their ideas for a theme now in advance then pic 52 of the most interesting via opinion poll

Comment

I just got a new camera. I would love to join in!
                      sigpic
                      Harley Anna Great Dane - 2 years old (120lbs.)
                      Lilo Rat Terrier - 11 years old

Comment

I must have been a good giri, because I got my camera!!!

this will be proof that equipment doesn't make the artist
                        Be the change you want to see in the world!

Odin's Adventures

Comment

The theme doesn't make the project, it's how each person interprets the theme and being inspired by the theme. I'd suggest just posting 52 basic themes. Heck, borrow them from a previous years suggestions from a variety of groups. Submitting and voting, is way too much energy for something so basic. You want the 52 themes from my previous project? LOL... Simple is often the best.
                          Last edited by Angel7292; 12-25-2012, 10:51 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

1- sky
                            2- seasons
                            3- eyes
                            4- lake
                            5- stormy
                            6- concrete
                            7- flight
                            8- night
                            9- personality
                            10- gifts
                            11- tree
                            12- nature
                            12- feelings
                            13- abstract
                            14- buddies
                            15- secrets
                            16- micro
                            17- beauty
                            18- unique
                            19- food
                            20- fun
                            21- sharing
                            22-early
                            23- work
                            24- before and after
                            25- looks alike

here is 25 off the top of my head how many does a person need 52

Comment

Just opened a new camera. BAM! Lets do this.
                              sigpic Little boy!

Comment

Ok, so I will post a new thread each Saturday with the theme and then we can all post Sun-Thurs of the week. 1 pic per week per person, that way we don't overload the server or anything Will start this Saturday with the first theme...work for everyone?!?

This is going to be a challenge for me, sometimes my follow-through sucks (at least that's what my mom says)...so, if I start to slack, someone feel free to jump in or slap me around a bit. I will let you know if something comes up and I won't be available (I should be having surgery and possibly/ hopefully moving again in the spring).

ETA: People can join whenever, drop out if you need to/ skip a week, etc. Like I said, no contests, just people having fun with their cameras (and dogs). And if anyone has suggestions to make it better, etc I'm open to it!
                                Last edited by oubball14; 12-26-2012, 08:19 AM.
                                sigpic
                                "Mom, he's touching me"

Comment

Working...
                                X