Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone want to do a 52 project this year?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want to do a 52 project this year?

I have been wanting to get back into dabbling in photography. I don't have a super nice camera, but I have a camera (and a camera phone lol), so I have decided to join a couple of 52 projects on facebook and flickr. I was thumbing through the archives and it looks like DOL did one a couple of years ago. Did it work well, or did it fall apart over time? Was it complicated to keep up with?

Just something I was thinking about and wondering if anyone else had thought about it or would be interested in doing it (if it's feasible).
    sigpic
    "Mom, he's touching me"
    Emily - Mom of Mick (12yo collie/aussie), Rosie (9yo fawn dane) and Keebler (4yo black dane)

I would totally be interested!
    RIP precious Zoe
    Join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/EricaThompsonPhotography

Comment

It was a lot of fun, but it did kinda fall apart after a handful of months. Several members, I think (at least 1), kept it up after the forum stopped and had incredible pictures!
      sigpic
      Brembo, Puffin, & Rahime

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
      You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
      You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown

Comment

what is it exactly? i've never really heard of this...
        Carynn & Jax
        sigpic
        RIP Diesel ~ April 2000 (about) - Sept 19, 2011
        Rescued from a life of abuse & starvation at 3, lost to cancer at 11 1/2
        Love you always.

Comment

Check out the sticky on the photo's section. Basically its a photo project and each week there is a new theme...you take pictures and choose one that best represents your take on the theme and then post them. It's cool to see how people interpret the theme and how they incorporate things in. I plan to do one with one or both of my dogs in each pic and then another that I joined says there has to be one object that shows up in every weeks pic...could be person, dog, object, etc. I can't decide what I want my object to be yet.

I think it's Danefolly that has a couple of 52 project links on her siggy, she's who has inspired me to take this challenge on. I've been waiting on the new year to begin
          sigpic
          "Mom, he's touching me"
          Emily - Mom of Mick (12yo collie/aussie), Rosie (9yo fawn dane) and Keebler (4yo black dane)

Comment

I won't have time to do something like the 52 project .. but I am going to try to take at least 1 pic of my pups each every week this year. I got really busy and got way too slack with taking photos for the last 6 months .. and it makes me sad to not have a way to recount all the fun things we did because I didn't photograph it
            sigpic
            A backyard breeder (BYB) is someone who has been deemed not a reputable breeder.

A "Responsible Breeder" supports their buyers, supports their own dogs, and supports the lives of any fututre puppies by having (and keeping up with) all the appropriate health testing suggested by the GDCA.

Comment

I'm game.. especially if I get the camera I asked for for Christmas
              Be the change you want to see in the world!

Odin's Adventures

Comment

Originally posted by BigLittleSmall View Post
                I won't have time to do something like the 52 project .. but I am going to try to take at least 1 pic of my pups each every week this year. I got really busy and got way too slack with taking photos for the last 6 months .. and it makes me sad to not have a way to recount all the fun things we did because I didn't photograph it

That's why I decided to do it...this is how I will hold myself accountable lol
                sigpic
                "Mom, he's touching me"

Comment

I would so be interested in doing this! I got a camera last year for Christmas and once the holidays were over I never used it again because my phone is always in my hand and ready to go! Lol but this would actually give me a reason to use it! I've never done photography before but always wanted to learn that's why I got the camera in the first place!

Comment

I can't say I'm the best photographer, but I can photoshop! Lol

I'm in, sounds like fun!
                    My little Bogartsigpic

Comment

I would participate again. I take a ton of photos anyway (why I enjoy instagram).
                      Just speaking for myself but I think the last DOL 52 Project kind of fell apart because we were also voting on the photos and it's not as much fun to participate in that kind of a contest if you dont have a nice camera or arent as talented at taking photographs (or post processing them) as some of the others. So there were some weeks that I didnt post a photo just because what I took wasnt "competitive" or I wasnt inspired by the theme.
                      "I don’t care if a dog is 150 pounds or 10 pounds, and whether the issue is leash manners or biting visitors. There are no dogs who need a heavier hand—there are only trainers who need more knowledge and a lighter touch." Suzanne Clothier
                      sigpic
                      Rocky & Emma
                      Follow our adventures at
                      www.instagram.com/spottedangels

Comment

I would totally give it a shot. Not sure if I'll be able to keep up with the schedule but I will try!

thisiscyndi - I'm kind of surprised about the contest aspect, I never participated but I did follow that thread and I thought the contest aspect would be a motivator to keep going? Maybe that's just me. I wonder if most people felt that way who dropped out? Because I bet we could do it without the voting.
                        sigpicIntroducing Miss Maggie Maggie - 3 Years Old

Comment

I kept up with the project after it stopped here (although my consistency decreased significantly after I was admitted to the hospital and had an emergency c-section in September). I did not care for the competition aspect myself.
                          Misty, Leonidas (Dane), and Valor (Pomeranian Mix)
                          Current 52 Photo Project:http://flic.kr/s/aHsjDu8ALZ

Comment

I think I would like to give it a try, not sure if I will have my camera for a few months as my daughter is taking a photography class at college this coming semester so I may have to give mine up for a whole! There's a always my phone though!
                            sigpicHarper's Mom
                            1 GD,1corgi mix,1chiweeni,2 very crazy kittens picked up on road,3 teenagers
                            RIP Belle

Comment

The last 52 week project I did was a lot of fun. I thought I was going to do it this year but they are adding a twist to take a picture of the same subject in every photo every week and following the theme. That just sounded too boring. Don't get me wrong, I can take a picture a week of my dog, LOL, that's pretty easy and I do that already. I dunno, I guess the requirement of including the same sugject each week was annoying. LOL I'm game if someone gets it going.
                              Last edited by Angel7292; 12-21-2012, 08:11 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X