Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week #7 Theme and Discussion - this one's easy and everyone should take a shot at it

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week #7 Theme and Discussion - this one's easy and everyone should take a shot at it

Before you get down to the theme for this week, a couple of small requests.

PLEASE make sure to put your dog's name in the title slot of your post. The title of your photo, caption or explaination of your interpretation can go below your picture.

Also on your submission post, please click off the "Show my signature" checkbox, so that folks are not confused which photo they are voting for.

There's still time to add photos for weeks past, if you are just starting the challenge, or if you missed a couple of weeks.

Now on to what you really want to know (besides why you're getting this early):

The theme for this week is "My Best Friend".Take a photo of you AND your pet (I can't help to think of the FB style self portraits) or have a friend or family member take one of you and your pet TOGETHER. Make a true memory. Don't worry about what you look like either, because your pet doesn't give a hoot if your makeup is perfect or you're having a bad hair day, all they care about is that you are with them.

Please review the guidelines for the 52 Project before posting your submission.

Only one photo per post. When posting, please add your dog's name to the "title" section and include a caption below your photo. Please follow the Photo Posting guidelines for the forum.

Photo Submission thread will be added tonight.

Photos can be hosted on Flickr, Photobucket or any other photo sharing service. We have also made available, The DOL 52 project gallery, or your DOL personal photo gallery for you to host and share your submissions.

Tips to help you get the best shot
    9 Pet Photography Tips
    article by Darren Rowse

Schedule

2-15-11 Tuesday: Start to submit your pictures related to the theme on the Week #7 submission thread.

2-22-11 Wednesday: Submissions close at 12 Noon EST. Start to vote for your favorites. Voting runs until following Tuesday.

3-1-11 Tuesday: Week #7 winner is announced.
    sigpic
    In Memory of Sky, EZ and Honor

Visit Poke's Facebook Page

Member of the GDC of MD.
    Well behaved danes are not born. They are “made” by responsible and caring dane owners.

does it have to be us? Could it be our child with the dogs?
    sigpic
    Beacon 5-7-13
    Brockway 8-20-15
    Dually RIP 4-15-09 to 4-16-13
    Diesel RIP 3-19-06 to 7-3-11
    www.greatdogdesigns.etsy.com for a massive selection of collars perfect for our giant babies

Comment

This will be a good one! I'm going to see if I can get someone to take our pics today!

Comment

Originally posted by dolmod View Post
        The theme for this week is "My Best Friend".Take a photo of you AND your pet (I can't help to think of the FB style self portraits) or have a friend or family member take one of you and your pet TOGETHER.
        My post kind of bends the "one photo per post" rule (although it is one "piece" of work and one JPEG), but I figured it was okay since so many people ignored this requirement without issue? Please let me know if I need to crop mine to one image to make it acceptable! I don't want to be disqualified!
        Misty, Leonidas (Dane), and Valor (Pomeranian Mix)
        Current 52 Photo Project:http://flic.kr/s/aHsjDu8ALZ

Comment

Hoping to get my pics in tonight. Kinda bummed though 'cause I used my idea for this theme for the "treasure" week. Oh well...I have something in mind- just hope I can make it happen.

Comment

LOVE these submissions! it's so nice to put human faces with names!
            [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Leonidas&Fam View Post
              My post kind of bends the "one photo per post" rule (although it is one "piece" of work and one JPEG), but I figured it was okay since so many people ignored this requirement without issue? Please let me know if I need to crop mine to one image to make it acceptable! I don't want to be disqualified!
              It's fine and very creative.

This challenge was very important to me, as I knew that EZ and Honor were leaving me and I'm a "photo-phobic". Always preferred to be behind the lens instead of in front of it, and had only a few photos of EZ and I together and absolutely no photos of Honor and I together.

My husband insisted on taking some photos of me with EZ and Honor before they passed. Hubby can sometimes be a pain in the butt, but I'm glad he pushed the issue. Still haven't had the heart to look at them yet, but in time I will.

Folks, make those memories while you can.
              sigpic
              In Memory of Sky, EZ and Honor

Visit Poke's Facebook Page

Member of the GDC of MD.
              Well behaved danes are not born. They are “made” by responsible and caring dane owners.

Comment

Originally posted by dolmod View Post
                It's fine and very creative.

This challenge was very important to me, as I knew that EZ and Honor were leaving me and I'm a "photo-phobic". Always preferred to be behind the lens instead of in front of it, and had only a few photos of EZ and I together and absolutely no photos of Honor and I together.

My husband insisted on taking some photos of me with EZ and Honor before they passed. Hubby can sometimes be a pain in the butt, but I'm glad he pushed the issue. Still haven't had the heart to look at them yet, but in time I will.

Folks, make those memories while you can.
                Thanks for sharing all your wisdom and experience with us in both this theme and the rest of your never ceasing efforts, Deb. I think its safe to say we all mourn for you and your family.

Comment

I think Stacey (Alliegirl) cheated, ha ha! You can't hide your face! Though, as always, I love your editing!

Comment

Working...
                  X