X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week #1 Theme and Discussion

Details on the 52 Project Challenge.

The theme for this week is Newness.

We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves.

Tips to help you get the best shot
    9 Pet Photography Tips
    article by Darren Rowse

Schedule

1-7-11 Friday: Start to submit your pictures related to the theme

1-12-11 Wednesday: Submissions close at 12 Noon EST. Start to vote for your favorites. Voting runs until following Tuesday (1-18-10).

1-19-11 Wednesday: Week #1 winner is announced.
    Last edited by dolmod; 01-06-2011, 07:04 PM.
    sigpic
    In Memory of Sky, EZ and Honor

Visit Poke's Facebook Page

Member of the GDC of MD.
    Well behaved danes are not born. They are “made” by responsible and caring dane owners.

**hooray**
    Tracy Miller
    sigpic
    Be Kaptain's Facebook Friend!
    Boston's Story Rest In Peace, Buddy! 11.14.2007-2.24.2011
    Dog Food Advisor

Comment

I second that!
      Misty, Leonidas (Dane), and Valor (Pomeranian Mix)
      Current 52 Photo Project:http://flic.kr/s/aHsjDu8ALZ

Comment

Forget waiting till Friday to go buy my new camera, I am going today. So excited about this
        sigpic

Comment

hmmm, gonna think on that while at work today.
          sigpic
          My Crew
          The Danes:
          Ximmy - DOB 11/23/09, Sprocket - Gotcha Day - 8/14/11
          The Cats:
          Kit-ten Rescued 1999 - calico; Banshee Rescued 2007 - Maine Coon Mix; OnzaPous and ReignaPous DOB - 2/17/09 - Maine Coon's
          At the bridge: Thumper, Ditto & Chaos
          ~Dogs and cats instinctively know the exact moment their owners will wake up. Then they wake them 10 minutes sooner.~

Comment

Hmmmm...........interesting. Newness? Can someone explain the topic b/c I am having a total brain fart as to what that might mean? Something new?
            sigpic

Chris, mom to: Keiko--husky/shep mix (RIP), Gunther--great dane, Nigel and Posey--rat terriers, Pasta--cockatiel, Louigi--peach fronted conure, Hamlet--blue crowned conure

Comment

i'm sure its open to artistic interpretation.

just take a picture that shows an example of newness in your eyes.
              Tracy Miller
              sigpic
              Be Kaptain's Facebook Friend!
              Boston's Story Rest In Peace, Buddy! 11.14.2007-2.24.2011
              Dog Food Advisor

Comment

Part of the challenge is your intepretation of the theme. It can be literal or figurative. It's all up to you.
                Last edited by dolmod; 01-06-2011, 08:28 AM.
                sigpic

Member of the GDC of MD.
                Well behaved danes are not born. They are “made” by responsible and caring dane owners.

Comment

We can do multiple dogs right? I want to do my three danes independently.
                  sigpic
                  Jen,
                  Mom to:
                  Dexter (Dane 2 yrs)
                  Scout (Dane 7 yrs) Horatio (Dane 7 yrs) Ming (Chow 14 yrs) Obi Wan (Pit 3 yrs) Kaya (Pit 3 yrs) . . .and wife to Matt!
                  Waiting at the Bridge:
                  Timberlynd, Duke, Goliath, & Porsche(3/15/11)

Comment

Originally posted by Dexterdane View Post
                    the other thread said 1 per pet, all pets welcome, so.... I have 4 danes, 4 cats, 3 horses, & a koi, so I can submit 12 pix per week??? Am I reading that right? (Of course I dont plan to submit 12 pix per week!!! YIKES!!!).
                    sigpic
                    Still looks frozen to me.....

We didn't do it It was the cats...

Comment

Originally posted by zoocrew View Post
                      Hmmmm...........interesting. Newness? Can someone explain the topic b/c I am having a total brain fart as to what that might mean? Something new?

Yeah, me too...newness? what does that mean?
                      Last edited by judyc; 01-06-2011, 09:58 AM. Reason: typo
                      sigpic
                      Travis Blue and his new brother Billy the Kiddy, November 2012

Comment

Yep, you can do as many pets as you wish, just submit only one photo per pet per week.

Originally posted by Dexterdane View Post
                        Last edited by dolmod; 01-06-2011, 11:19 AM.
                        sigpic

Member of the GDC of MD.

Comment

Compliments of thefreedictionary.com:

new (n, ny)adj. new·er, new·est 1. Having been made or come into being only a short time ago; recent: a new law.
                          2. a. Still fresh: a new coat of paint.
                          b. Never used or worn before now: a new car; a new hat.

3. Just found, discovered, or learned: new information.
                          4. Not previously experienced or encountered; novel or unfamiliar: ideas new to her.
                          5. Different from the former or the old: the new morality.
                          6. Recently obtained or acquired: new political power; new money.
                          7. Additional; further: new sources of energy.
                          8. Recently arrived or established in a place, position, or relationship: new neighbors; a new president.
                          9. Changed for the better; rejuvenated: The nap has made a new person of me.
                          10. Being the later or latest in a sequence: a new edition.
                          11. Currently fashionable: a new dance.
                          12. New In the most recent form, period, or development.
                          13. Inexperienced or unaccustomed: new at the job; new to the trials of parenthood.

adv. Freshly; recently. Often used in combination: new-mown.

[Middle English newe, from Old English nwe, nowe; see newo- in Indo-European roots.]
                          newness n.
                          Synonyms: new, fresh, novel2, newfangled, original
                          These adjectives describe what has existed for only a short time, has only lately come into use, or has only recently arrived at a state or position, as of prominence: New is the most general: a new movie; a new friend. "It is time for a new generation of leadership, to cope with new problems and new opportunities" (John F. Kennedy).
                          Something fresh has qualities of newness such as briskness, brightness, or purity: fresh footprints in the snow; fresh hope of discovering a vaccine.
                          Novel applies to the new and strikingly unusual: "His sermons were considered bold in thought and novel in language" (Edith Wharton).
                          Newfangled suggests that something is needlessly novel: "the newfangled doctrine of utility" (John Galt).
                          Something that is original is novel and the first of its kind: "The science of pure mathematics, in its modern development, may claim to be the most original creation of the human spirit" (Alfred North Whitehead).

Hope this helps some people out!

Comment

Yep, if you want to.

Originally posted by autumnroyal View Post
                            the other thread said 1 per pet, all pets welcome, so.... I have 4 danes, 4 cats, 3 horses, & a koi, so I can submit 12 pix per week??? Am I reading that right? (Of course I dont plan to submit 12 pix per week!!! YIKES!!!).
                            sigpic

Member of the GDC of MD.

Comment

Originally posted by zoocrew View Post

I agree, what does Newness mean for photos?
                              sigpic
                              Travis Blue and his new brother Billy the Kiddy, November 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X