The end of my rope

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end of my rope

To make a long story short, I need to re-home a 2 year old neutered, natural ear, up-to-date on shots, full bred, Harlequin European Great Dane.

My husband had a terrible accident, is wheelchair bound with no use of his hands and we have moved in with his parents. The Dane is great with kids and other pets but he destroys the house if he's left alone. He can open any door (even locked with a deadbolt) and most crates and destroys the floor if he's locked in a crate. I have paid $2,000 for training, he even lived with a trainer for a week but it didn't help. I have too much on my plate with my husband and I need to find another home for him.

I am in Springfield, IL and I have no money for transportation.

Please save the negative comments, I don't have the energy.
    sigpic Sambuca at 3 months

I would highly suggest seeking out a dane rescue in your area. Perhaps other members can suggest reputable rescues for you to contact. It would be safest and best situation for him.

I'm sorry to hear about your husband and hope the best for all of you.
    sigpic

Comment

Forever Friends Great Dane Rescue serves Illinois. www.foreverfriendsgdri.com.
      sigpic
      Chaucey
      Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

There is a member on here that is involved with dane rescue in your city. I've alerted her to this post I'm sure she'll be in touch.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm in Springfield. Can I help you? I have lots of contacts here.

Emily
          sigpic
          Emily
          Jazz - GD rescued at 5 months (september 27th, 2009)
          Blues - GD rescued at ? grew through 2012 (July 29, 2011)
          Preston - 8 y/o "grumpy old man" yorkie mix

bluesfightscancer.com

Comment

There are a lot of good rescues in the area. If you would like, you can om me your info and I get help you get in touch.

Comment

No negative comments, anyone can have their life turned inside out by unforeseen events. Instead, I commend you for reaching out and wish you the best.
              Hugs.

Comment

Thanks everyone, I am speaking with some local people.
                sigpic Sambuca at 3 months

Comment

Working...
                X