MAGDRL Fencing Exception

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAGDRL Fencing Exception

I was wondering if anybody on here has ever been approved for a MAGDRL fencing exception?

I will be submitting my application with all of the necessary exception paperwork (lease info, vet's letter of recommendation, personal letter) this afternoon. I know that they do not make the fencing exceptions lightly or easily, so we're trying not to get our hopes up for the approval...just curious if anybody else has had any experience with this...

In case this helps, here is our situation:

-Engaged couple (we have been together 7 years, raised our Great Dane who recently passed away [Degenerative Myelopathy/Epilepsy] and our other smaller rescued mixed-breed together, our wedding is this coming October)
    -Living in a 2BR/2Bath decent-sized apartment in Columbia, MD with a ground-level patio that opens up to a small yard, wooded area & golf course...we (as of late, just I - my fiance is overseas) give our dog two or three long walks a day either through our neighborhood or along the golf course's golf cart path and bring her to the dog park on weekends
    -After our lease runs out in February of next year and when we get married, we will be moving into a home with a fenced-in yard

Any thoughts?

Thanks so much!

well, if there are any exceptions to be made, it sounds like they would (should) make one for you!

when i got my first dane (and both subsequent ones) from the rescue in st. louis, they made an exception because 1. i was getting a senior girl and 2. i live in the middle of nowhere and our 20 acre farm dead ends at my house. i have since had my end of the farm (about 7 acres) fenced with underground fencing that has worked perfectly for me.

wishing you the best of luck and hope they will make an exception for you!
    [SIGPIC]

Comment

As the past President of MAGDRL I can tell you that yes they have approved people for fencing exception. Make sure all your paperwork is in order before submission otherwise it will slow the process. Good Luck, it sounds like you have all your ducks in a row.
      Kathie Shea
      GDCA Rescue Chair

Comment

Working...
      X