This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female Dane in Virginia Needs a home

Hi Everyone! I hope this is the appropriate place for this post. If not, I apologize.

My in-laws veterinarian has a sweet female harlequin who needs a home. She was dropped off for boarding and never picked up. (In other words, she was abandoned at the Vet by her family). That was a year ago and the vet has now decided to finally find her a new forever home. You can read about her here : http://www.vcahospitals.com/hea...lthy-paws/more/pets-for-adoption.html (she is at the bottom)

My in-laws met her with thoughts of possibly adoption her (they've had Danes for years and lost their most recent 18 months ago). Unfortunately, with young grandchildren who visit often, they weren't a good fit for her. She seems to be somewhat fearful of strangers and so the vet wants to home her in a family without young children.

To those of you in the Virginia/DC Metro area, please pass along the word to anyone you might know who could provide this girl with a good home! She is 5, but my in-laws reported that she looked and acted more like 3! They also said that the picture doesn't do her justice; she is beautiful!

From the link above:

Sammy is a beautiful 4 year old Harlequin Great Dane. She’s petite for a Dane weighing in around 85 pounds. She is spayed, up to date on all recommended vaccines, parasite free, current on preventatives, had full blood work and a dental cleaning. She has no major medical problems that we’re aware of and we’ve been her primary veterinarian since 2007. Sammy is a very sweet girl but she has shown some fear-aggression towards strangers. She does learn to trust relatively quickly though. For this reason, we do not recommend that she go to a home with small children. Sammy’s new adoptive home will need to be experienced with large breed dogs and demonstrate the ability to help her overcome her fears through an extensive screening and adoption process. Sammy’s new parents will receive complimentary lifetime training courtesy of Bark Busters.
    Last edited by dolmod; 07-15-2010, 12:34 PM. Reason: removed hotlinked photo

contact MAGDRL and see if they have any adopters screened who may be interested in adopting her.
    sigpic
    In Memory of Sky, EZ and Honor

Visit Poke's Facebook Page

Member of the GDC of MD.
    Well behaved danes are not born. They are “made” by responsible and caring dane owners.

Comment

Working...
    X