Gentle Giants?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gentle Giants?

Gentle Giants was one of the rescue programs I was looking at for rescuing a Great Dane but then I was shown a link www.gentlegiantnews.com which has some pretty bad stories of them as a rescue. I was hoping I could get some feedback from others on this rescue?

I'm sure if you use the search function you'll find threads on it.

Having been involved in rescue for some time, I firmly stand by the fact that it is not normal for a 'rescue' to have so many puppies, nor are a lot of their practices normal.

I would not want to encourage anyone to support this group.

Comment

It looks more like a puppy wholesaler than a rescue. Their website is simply disturbing.
      sigpic

Comment

----------
        Last edited by Mom2Dori; 07-28-2009, 07:26 PM.
        ~Laura~

Dori: 7 years (TDI, CGC), Toby: RIP SWEET BOY (CGC), Cami: 7 years (TDI, CGC)

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I ditto what everyone else has said!!!

"...none of us know what private hell or hardships the next person may have endured or faces even now. We should never aim even the tiniest arrow at a heart that may be more fragile than we know..." Janice

Comment

I rescued from them many years ago. It was not a positive experience. You may contact me by pm and I can tell you about it.

If you find a site dedicated to closing this particular "rescue" organization, you will find my 'testimony' there.

I would recommend you stay away from this "rescue". Look in archieves....my boy Ari came from there. Took me more than $2,000 to rehab him. And that was some years back.

Andi

Comment

wow.

Unfortunate.

Gross.

Comment

Puppymill under the guise of a rescue!
                  sigpic
                  Logan, Member GDCA and Past President GDCMF
                  Int'l CH & AM GCH Legacys Killer Instinct, TT, CHIC (Kaos)
                  www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

Yes. that is what they have become. And in southern California it is near impossible to find a dane or giant breed at the shelters. They (gentle giants) have people pulling them from shelters.

Comment

Question for the OP.

How can 2 people like them "rescue" ALL those different breeds of dogs?? Common sense will tell you it can't be done correctly.

Two Thumbs Down.

Dee

If you're interested in rescue check out Renee at Indian Hills. Fact is he was on Animal Cops last nite.
                      sigpic

Comment

Thank you so much everyone for your input. This strongly confirms my concern and I will make certain to stay clear. What is the best way to verify a rescue in my area (Arizona)?

Comment

Local Great Dane Club. Go thorough the AKC and find Great Dane Club in your area. Contact them, and ask for referrals to rescue groups in your area.

Good luck.
                          Andi

Comment

I too would recommend Indian Dane Rescue is Escondido. Depending on where you are in AZ, it may not be that far. Rene is an active member of the Great Dane Club of Southern CA and I have a good friend who has rescued 3 danes thru him with nothing but kind words for him.
                            sigpic
                            Debbie & Murphy

Comment

Originally posted by DebinSD View Post
                              I too would recommend Indian Dane Rescue is Escondido. Depending on where you are in AZ, it may not be that far. Rene is an active member of the Great Dane Club of Southern CA and I have a good friend who has rescued 3 danes thru him with nothing but kind words for him.
                              I just looked them up yesterday because I saw Animal Cops AZ Monday night. They rescued a Great Dane and brought him to that rescue group. It looks like a great place and I was happy to see that this Great Dane was adopted. They weren't sure if he was going to be adoptable because the owner said he was aggresive, but I guess he really worked with him and he was adopted.

Comment

Working...
                              X