2 1/2 keep taping or stop?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 1/2 keep taping or stop?

I'm still tapping my boy ears. He is 2 1/2 and has obtained his CH. I'm still showing him towards his GCH. Long story short his ears have never stood since his first owner disappeared with him from 3-6months and didn't keep his ears up and neglected him. His breeder and I thought about a recrop if they didn't stand by 2 but since he obtained his CH without issue we decided against it.

They haven't improved since 18mth they plateaued there and haven't changed since. So he is 2 1/2 now I really want his ears to stand but they never do. Should I stop taping? Is is futile at this point?

I'm going to pick his breeders brain on it, but she's on vacation and it's bugging me right now. Thanks

Asaah has one ear that was still being taped by her breeder when I got her at age 2 ½. I taped it for a while longer, but I think I stopped by age 3. It would stand for an hour or two after I took the tapes off and that was it. I decided that it clearly wasn't working and it wasn't really worth it. Sometimes the ear stands and sometimes it doesn't.
    sigpic
    Chaucey
    Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

Working...
    X