Weird question - established bell seems smaller

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird question - established bell seems smaller

We have been taping and doing all the things and dukes ears are well set... I admit we can be kinda lazy tapers because of weekly baths for the mange which is pretty much gone! But anyway back to my real question, it seems like his bells are getting smaller or just more sturdy and his ear parts are growing or something because our straw and gauze or straw and paper towel don't seem to really fit nicely anymore. Has anyone else experienced this? Wonder if we should just place the post at the button of his ear?

All in all his ears are standing great but we would like to keep taping until 9 months or more to be sure there won't be a flop which I feel like if he flopped now it would be a losing battle almost more scary than him flopping younger. But the tight fit seems to be uncomfortable for him, and he shakes his head almost constantly when they are in and he didn't do that when he was younger. There is no yeast or anything, and the flapping stops once the posts are out.

Just wondering if there are other options.
    sigpic
    Duke - 5/13/14

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
    - Albert Einstein

We taped from the "bump" up from the very first taping, any lower and Rupert couldn't stand it. So yeah, that would totally work
    ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

I only put the post down in below the bump at first. Once the bases are up well, there's really no need to put the post down in the ear. Just set it right on that bump without pushing down into it and tape that way. Works well for us.
      sigpic
      Chaucey
      Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

Day one is complete and he seems to be much more confor table with taping. Yeah !!
        sigpic
        Duke - 5/13/14

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
        - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
        X