Male and female cropping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Male and female cropping

Do either male or female crops stand faster or do both sexes stand at the same time?

It doesn't depend on the sex it has to do with the cartilage in the ears.

Comment

Dukes brother has a little crop flop on one side like Duke's dad, whiles dukes were standing pretty firmly with 2 weeks of taping. He will be six months this week and his ears will stand even when running and playing for days on end without re-taping. But we will keep taping until he is atleast a year.
      Last edited by dukers; 11-11-2014, 09:48 AM.
      sigpic
      Duke - 5/13/14

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
      - Albert Einstein

Comment

It has more to do with the thickness of the ear leather, the cartilage in the ears, and the length of the crop. Finn has thin ear leather and a medium show crop, and his stood for hours on end after the first week of taping. His sister has thicker ear leather and a long show crop, and at 6 months, hers only stand for a day or 2.
        sigpic
        Chaucey
        Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

Thanks for all the replies . I'm getting my new female Pup this weekend. This will be my second Dane. I didn't have very good success with the first crop reference a bad vet wrapping his ears 2 tight on 2 different occasions. Can anyone send me a link or a diagram on what methods they use for there pups after the cup came off. Any advice will be helpful thanks

Comment

I used the foam pipe method. You can watch the video on YouTube. search for Summitview ear taping. My breeder also sent me to a well known Dane handler who lived nearby to show me how it's done. Your breeder should be able to help you with this. Have you asked at all? Most good breeders won't send a cropped pup home with someone who isn't confident with taping because it really needs to be done correctly for the health of the puppy and to get them to stand.
            sigpic
            Chaucey
            Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

If buying from a reputable breeder, he or she should be able to help you out.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
              sigpic
              Fergus
              SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
              Eisen Shark
              C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Comment

use the search function to look up threads on posting.it is a frequently asked question. there is a TON of information here!
                sigpic

my beautiful blue-eyed babe

Comment

Working...
                X