No announcement yet.

Frankie's ears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they are to short. I brought a picture with me and to me it looks nothing like how they should look. [emoji53]

Comment

Originally posted by Lexie6271 View Post
      I think they are to short. I brought a picture with me and to me it looks nothing like how they should look. [emoji53]
      They do look a little short, but they will still grow with his head. He's very handsome anyway his ears look.
      Tracy
      sigpic
      Mouse April 2010
      Echo -- run free, Sweetie! Jan 9, 2007 - April 24, 2014 Lost to osteosarcoma at 7 years, 3 months. RIP.

Comment

They're a little short, but not too bad. And they have some curve to them, so at least they're not a straight triangle. They should be easy to get to stand. And you can also keep stretching them up and out when you post, that'll help like them a little bit and they will grow with his head as well.
        sigpic
        Chaucey
        Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

Originally posted by mnmouse View Post
          but they will still grow with his head...
          I always thought that the ears don't really grow any more. I remember my last Dane's crop looked kind of weird at first because her ears were sooo long. But she grew into them and they fit her head beautifully when she matured. It amazed me that the vet knew just what length would look best on her as an adult.

To crop properly is truly an art. It's getting much more difficult to find vets that know what they're doing. Your boys ears do look kind of short to me, but you definitely won't have crop flop...which is great.
          Karen, Chance, Lucy and Savanah RB

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kwhit View Post
            I always thought that the ears don't really grow any more. I remember my last Dane's crop looked kind of weird at first because her ears were sooo long. But she grew into them and they fit her head beautifully when she matured. It amazed me that the vet knew just what length would look best on her as an adult.

To crop properly is truly an art. It's getting much more difficult to find vets that know what they're doing. Your boys ears do look kind of short to me, but you definitely won't have crop flop...which is great.

Yeah, they'll grow a little, but not much. Riddle looked like a goofball with giant ears as a puppy:
            ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414432871.013619.jpg
            And still only has a medium length crop as an adult:
            ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414432910.354902.jpg
            Zephyr CGN, RE, TT- crazy harlequin
            Divine Acres Riddle Me This- regal fawn

http://thegrownups.ca/ on life and (not) growing up.

Comment

The ears do not grow nearly as much as the head will. The crop looks short and a bit wide except for the very tips.

It is my experience that a nice crop should appear too long on a puppy. When the pup grows into them, the crop looks perfect.
              *Jennifer*
              Member GDC of Mid-Florida
              sigpic

Comment

I was trying to make the OP feel a little better about her puppy, guys...Afterall, there's nothing that can be done now, is there?

I'm sure he will be very handsome no matter if his ears are a bit shorter than what most dane people think is "correct".
                Tracy
                sigpic
                Mouse April 2010
                Echo -- run free, Sweetie! Jan 9, 2007 - April 24, 2014 Lost to osteosarcoma at 7 years, 3 months. RIP.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind words. He is my baby even with short ears. I wish I would have found DOL before getting Frankie but it is what it is and I love him. I definitely will do it all differently next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexie6271 View Post
                    Thanks everyone for the kind words. He is my baby even with short ears. I wish I would have found DOL before getting Frankie but it is what it is and I love him. I definitely will do it all differently next time.
                    Lots of people have been where you are...when you know getter, you do better . He's still your baby, and he's a cutie.
                    sigpic
                    Chaucey
                    Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

he is a handsome little fella!!
                      sigpic
                      Mom of 3 dogs & 4 small humans
                      Titan - GD
                      Thor - GD RIP 12/28/13 6/1/14
                      Finnegan - Mini Schnauzer
                      Cookie - Mini Schnauzer

Comment