Infected?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infected?

So I took her posts out this morning. It had a faint smell and seemed gooey. Sure enough inside the folded part....Was just taped and posted for the first time on Friday. Any suggestions? Leave alone? Antibiotics? I hate having to leave them down. She is 10 weeks old. Ears were cropped two weeks ago.
    Last edited by babe; 06-29-2014, 08:55 AM. Reason: more info

Put some gold bond powder on them and leave them down until better.

Comment

CarolB- should I get her on antibiotics?

Comment

I don't think you need antibiotics, it's probably just very irritated. When you retape put the powder in the flap again (do this every time you retape).
        ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

When can I put up again? Should I wait until it isn't so raw anymore? Or will the gold bond help with that?

Comment

I'm trying to keep it as clean and dry as possible but a gooey film keeps building over it

Comment

The gold bond will help with the ear being so raw. Wait 24 hours and evaluate it. I wouldn't tape over an ear that is that sore. No, you don't need antibiotics. Fresh and and sunshine does wonders.

Comment

I also sprinkle a little Gold Bond in that fold area whenever I post the ears.

Comment

Infected?

I put some gold bond on it but it turned hard? Normal? Should I be washing it daily and reapplying?
                  Last edited by babe; 06-30-2014, 11:51 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

It turned hard most likely from the moisture. It is not infected, just irritated. This is probably the number 1 spot for irritation during taping. I would definitely be re-applying powder at least once a day, if not several times a day.

I always put powder in that spot when taping ears even if there is not any irritation.
                    sigpic
                    Elizabeth
                    Daisyhill Great Danes
                    Daisyhill Designs
                    Member:
                    Willamette Valley Great Dane Club
                    Great Dane Club of America

Comment

Working...
                    X