Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What strips do you use for the tips of ears?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What strips do you use for the tips of ears?

My danes ears have been standing on her own for forever. I do tape still but not all of the time. Can someone send me a link to the (I think nose strips)? That helps with the floppy tips? My danes ear tips aren't straight up. I know I have seen where there is only one or two brands that work, and how long do you tape the tips? My dane girl is 6 months old, and have been taped since she was 8 weeks old.

I used Breathe rite strips for Rupert's tips. I added a very small amount of liquid bandage to the sticky side to make sure they stuck. If I didn't take them off they would have stuck there forever. As it was I left them fro about a week at a time, took them off with some solvent and replaced them a couple hours later. I think I did tips for about an extra month or so.

ETA: I think the shape of his crop contributed to the floppy tips? He has a curve instead of straight edge. His tips are always a little curled in still, but barely noticeable. (Just to a nitpicky person like me!) LOL
    ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

I use Medium size Breathe Right strips and was told that the brand matters. I have not tried any others so I do not know first hand if that is true or not. Also I first clean the area with rubbing alcohol and then use Torbot Skin Tac Adhesive (wipe form) to make the strips last longer. Be careful, those wipes will stick to your fingers

Comment

Can someone send me a link or a photo on where they place them so I can actually see it? Also it's normal for danes ears to not stand straight up all the time right? If she is relaxed they don't always stand straight up, but when she is alert they do.

Comment

When they are relaxed they can get "yoda ears" and they can pin them back on their heads.

I had Rupert's on the outside but others have said they put them on the inside. I think I put them on the outside because his tips curled that way and I wanted to go against the curl. I think either way is fine.
          Attached Files
          ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

I place mine on the inside because Caspian's ears flop backwards. Also, the placement depends on where your "break " is. Caspians ears break 2-3 inches from the tip, so I place the middle of the BR strip over the break

Comment

I will have to get some thanks. I just tapped her ears back up. Is it normal for them to have a break like that? Or is it just because I took to long of a break with not taping them? She just turned 6 months, and lost all or most of her puppy teeth with adult teeth in place.

Comment

Working...
              X