We have one ear!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have one ear!!!

I am bit happy and excited to see that Snow White has one ear able to stand without any help... YAY!!!!! I am also very happy with the crop. But there is still taping and posting to do for the other ear. It started to stand by its self a couple days ago but started to flop a bit so back up it went. And she went to first groomer this past week so she was all clean and had a wonderful expierence. And the groomers can not wait to have her back.
    Attached Files

Good to hear from you again & that's great! So are you done posting the one ear? How long has it been standing without a post? I'd be nervous to leave it down all the time with the other still needing posted but I'm really paranoid lol. I haven't taped Timber's ears in over a month & he's just 5 months, I'm just now starting to not lose sleep & wake up several times in the middle of the night to check for droopiness...the crop looks really good, she's so pretty!
    sigpic

Hey y'all, I'm Meg from WV, Dane's name is Timber

Comment

what a face.... ha ha she is stunning... but doesn't look at all happy about being photographed while in her tapes
      sigpic
      Mom of 3 dogs & 4 small humans
      Titan - GD
      Thor - GD RIP 12/28/13 6/1/14
      Finnegan - Mini Schnauzer
      Cookie - Mini Schnauzer

Comment

Originally posted by its_country_bumpkn View Post
        Good to hear from you again & that's great! So are you done posting the one ear? How long has it been standing without a post? I'd be nervous to leave it down all the time with the other still needing posted but I'm really paranoid lol. I haven't taped Timber's ears in over a month & he's just 5 months, I'm just now starting to not lose sleep & wake up several times in the middle of the night to check for droopiness...the crop looks really good, she's so pretty!

I know it's been a while!! Well I was actuallty really busy these past couple of months with work, because all the snowbirds were here and getting ready to leave. I wasn't able to tape her ears at all for a good month and when I did she would fight me and take them off lol. this one ear (the left one) has been up for a month now and she just turned 6 months a few days ago. But the right ear is a problem child. Now I have more time and she is not fighting me anymore with the taping and actually doesn't mind it. I am still taping and posting both ears because the other one is taking more time. I am just nervous and paranoid as well. Once I see a sign of flopping I instantly tape them back. I just need to find a heavy duty tape so they don't fly off when she shakes her head lol. Thank you. Timber is looking great as well!! Love the ears!

Originally posted by Titan3151 View Post
        what a face.... ha ha she is stunning... but doesn't look at all happy about being photographed while in her tapes

Thank you. Actually I was holding back the treat until I got her picture which made her upset and I cancelled her playdate with her friends due to it being hot that day (It was 90 degrees by 10 am). And she doesn't like pictures being taken while in tapes lol.

Comment

Snow White has a beautiful crop. I'm with Country Bumpkin though, it would be a mind mess for me to see one ear taped and the other not ha ha.

How long has it been for you?
          sigpic
          Zeke @ 9 Months

Comment

She has a beautiful crop! Do you mind if I send this picture to our breeder to show her? I love the shape (curve) in her ear! Beautiful beautiful girl!
            sigpicPatiently waiting for our new crew member

Comment

Originally posted by ezskanken View Post
              Snow White has a beautiful crop. I'm with Country Bumpkin though, it would be a mind mess for me to see one ear taped and the other not ha ha.

How long has it been for you?

Thank you. It is strange to have one ear standing but not the other and that is bothering me. But just a little more time taping and posting and we should be done.

It has been 3 months. Her ears were cropped in January. It has been a fast process. Just a time consuming one. I believe there shouldn't be anymore time left but who actually knows what will happen. If the ears are anything like her then it might be longer. lol.

Originally posted by bjas2 View Post
              She has a beautiful crop! Do you mind if I send this picture to our breeder to show her? I love the shape (curve) in her ear! Beautiful beautiful girl!

Thank you. I don't mind, I would love it if you took her crop pic to your breeder. I felt bad for my vet because I took a lot of pictures and told him what i liked about certian crops and if he could meld them together to make what we have now. I trusted him and the vet tech, she was wonderful and understood everything I was saying to relay to the vet, in drawing, that would do the surgery so there was no botch crop. I am happy with the results. Now it's just a waiting game for the other ear.

Thank you so much. She does tend to stop traffic when I walk her, which promps questions and I get to know my doggie nieghbors. She has lots of play dates now. I actually have people say they want to steal her. Which means she is never alone in the backyard and we make it seem there is always someone home by leaving a car in driveway, have the tv and a couple lights on. The Zombie guy across the street from me also helps out by keeping people away, he actually scared someone from jumping into my backyard. He wont tell me what he did but said I shouldn't worry anymore. And the police have stopped by making sure she is still here.

I live in a small city/town and I am well known for I work at our only fine dining restaurant and I am the only one with a harlequin Great Dane and the 2nd Great Dane in the city. And she goes with me to any dog place like the pet feed store and the groomers and if there is a patio I will sit out there with my dog. So we both are pretty well known.

Comment

Working...
              X