Help with Euro ears!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Euro ears!

So i just got my new boy name Ivan. Hes a Full Euro Blue dane. My first Full Euro. I have a 2 year old 50% euro/american. Well my new boys ears were cropped a week ago and he has sooooo much skin that his ears keep falling forward. I kept redoing the bridge so the bridge catches the bump in his head but there is so much skin! He also doesnt control them himself too well. Will this pass with his growth?? Im terrified his ears wont stand. My other boy was easy. His ears stood in a few months. Please help!!!!

Can you post some pictures?
    sigpic

Comment

I hope the pics worked
      Attached Files

Comment

Another one
        Attached Files

Comment

Difficult to say for sure from that picture, but it looks like you may not be taping close enough to the base of his ear. Looks like you are starting the tape too far up the ear. Pull as far up as you can before taping and tape as close to the base of his ear. I always start my first piece of tape from the top of the head so I can make sure it is at the lowest possible placing. What type of tape are you using?

The falling forward...or even backwards is not a problem. As his head grows and the skin on top his head tightens up, it will fix itself.

Comment

Also, you can try using a "hard bridge" (using backrod across) rather than a tape bridge

Comment

Zeke's right ear does this as well. I asked about in my thread last week. Just started maybe 3 weeks ago. Only happens when posted though. When he is out of tape both sides stand and fall the same, as well as look the same.

I even taper the post so that the post sits deep in the ear. Still doesn't help, the extra skin makes sense though. Zeke is 3/4 Euro.

Beautiful Danes though!
              sigpic
              Zeke @ 9 Months

Comment

Originally posted by ezskanken View Post
                Zeke's right ear does this as well. I asked about in my thread last week. Just started maybe 3 weeks ago. Only happens when posted though. When he is out of tape both sides stand and fall the same, as well as look the same.

I even taper the post so that the post sits deep in the ear. Still doesn't help, the extra skin makes sense though. Zeke is 3/4 Euro.

Beautiful Danes though!
                Thanks!!!!

Comment

Here is a picture from last week.
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic
                  Zeke @ 9 Months

Comment

that doesnt look bad at all! compared to my boy they look great!

Comment

Do the tape bridge and try buying vet wrap, and put two slits in it for the ears and loosely wrap under the dogs chin. I did that with mine when they did that, and it worked great and she didn't mind it. Now I tape with no bridge on so her ears get stronger.

Comment

He's so cute! Are you using backer rod?
                        sigpic

Hey y'all, I'm Meg from WV, Dane's name is Timber

Comment

Originally posted by camarejh View Post
                          I hope the pics worked
                          My euro female had the same thing happen. LOL. She looked like a charging bull. Don't worry, they just need to start using them muscles to hold them up. Here is my girl now. Don't worry!

Comment

Working...
                          X