No announcement yet.

Is anyone seeing less vets cropping?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one will convince me pups dont feel some pain afterwards...its just in general pain is something pups and dogs don't really show or are good at ignoring. I mean anyone who has gotten a dog home from a spay knows how hard it can be to keep them calm....and there is NO way that doesnt hurt. I have seen dogs wag their tails and give kisses, try to play, etc with crushed pelvis from being hit by a car, with a leg rotting off, so covered in mange they hardly look like a dog, with bullets in them, etc.

Those are extreme examples yes and I am in NO WAY at all comparing that to cropping btw...just to make a point I dont think we can judge pain by they way they act necessarily, especially young pups. I am also not saying because they feel some pain that that means its cruel and inhumane. I know way too many wonderful owners who chose to crop and yes, the dogs really do recover just fine for the vast majority of cases. I personally wont do it, not because of the pain afterwards (though I will admit its a slight consideration) but for ME, the risk of the anesthesia is not worth it for a look. Others it is.

Comment

What about circumcision in human beings?? Babies feel pain as do adults obviously, yet there is no outcry to ban this"cosmetic" procedure

Comment

Originally posted by ngoldhabermd View Post
        What about circumcision in human beings?? Babies feel pain as do adults obviously, yet there is no outcry to ban this"cosmetic" procedure
        There is, it's just not very loud yet. There are protests and rallies around the us about it though. Even a group called Doctors Against Cirumcision and other organized grassroots groups.

Comment

Working...
        X