Titan's ear crop 3/25/14

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titan's ear crop 3/25/14

Dropped the tiny monster off this morning on my way to work...

last night we hung out on the back patio with a glass of wine and a fire. (Obviously the glass of wine was mine) spent a little extra snuggles.
    I get to pick him up tomorrow after 8am, I will go grab him about 11:00, take my laptop home and work from there so I can spend some recovery time with the little fella...

so day one after post op is there anything I should look for or be aware of?
    Last edited by Titan3151; 03-25-2014, 07:35 AM. Reason: content
    sigpic
    Mom of 3 dogs & 4 small humans
    Titan - GD
    Thor - GD RIP 12/28/13 6/1/14
    Finnegan - Mini Schnauzer
    Cookie - Mini Schnauzer

sigpic
    Titan - GD
    Cookie - Mini Schnauzer

Comment

the vet called said they are prepping and getting him ready to go back... he should be out around 1:30 or so.. the clock just came to a screeching halt...
      I'm a nervous wreck... I felt confident with the vet doing the procedure and we talked... they called just before to confirm the pics I took and our conversations before starting. that was re-assuring... so now we just sit and wait... he will be home tomorrow.

on that note how do you shut down the nay-sayers, and the ugly comments... most have been fairly harmless along the line of why would you do that the ears are so cute... I tell them that I am partial to the classic Dane cropped looked, while others are seriously just ANGRY - "are you f-ing kidding me, I don't believe in mutilating a dog." I tried to defuse this one by explaining that Titan is already battling with some yeast ears so my decision is kind partial and medical.
      sigpic
      Titan - GD
      Cookie - Mini Schnauzer

Comment

First of all, relax. Your baby will be just fine. he is in good hands.

There is a thread on here about nasty comments. Someone said something to the effect of "would you comment on someone's son being circumcised" or to that idea. It was great. You get the idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
        sigpic
        Paula
        Mom to Zeus 10/6/2005
        Jackson 12/8/2012

Comment

he is out and did well! a little groggy but doing well he will be ready tomorrow after 10:00am

ha now just a waiting game to see how they look and then even more waiting to see how they end up!!!
          sigpic
          Titan - GD
          Cookie - Mini Schnauzer

Comment

I know the feeling! I work night shift and took my boy in at 9am. Needless to say I didn't get any sleep that day as I was very nervous. The moment they called and said he was waking up I was able to get me a few hours of sleep before I went to pick him up.

It's nice that you're gonna keep him there over night so you don't have to worry about watching over him the day of surgery. That was the roughest part for my little guy. He was bumping into things and would whine. I started to hate myself for doin it to him. After the first couple of days he was getting better and all of that went away. Just be patient with him, he will be sore for a couple of days. Lol, duke would give me looks and I was like "oh great he hates me now" haha.

Best of luck! What posting method are you going to use when the stitches come out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnn04 View Post
              I know the feeling! I work night shift and took my boy in at 9am. Needless to say I didn't get any sleep that day as I was very nervous. The moment they called and said he was waking up I was able to get me a few hours of sleep before I went to pick him up.

It's nice that you're gonna keep him there over night so you don't have to worry about watching over him the day of surgery. That was the roughest part for my little guy. He was bumping into things and would whine. I started to hate myself for doin it to him. After the first couple of days he was getting better and all of that went away. Just be patient with him, he will be sore for a couple of days. Lol, duke would give me looks and I was like "oh great he hates me now" haha.

Best of luck! What posting method are you going to use when the stitches come out?

Already been to that phase of hating myself and doubting (nay-Sayers ) got to me I'm sure the first days or three are the worst. Spoiled puppy glad it's done.
              As for posting I have NO clue yet. There's are so any many options however my vet includes unlimited taping and posting as part of the procedure. Seeing hoe and what they are doing may helps decide!

Thanks for listening to the crazy ramblings of the paranoid Dame mommy! Of course I'm sure all of is are like this the first time!
              sigpic
              Titan - GD
              Cookie - Mini Schnauzer

Comment

Lol I was the same way. I posted a few threads not to long ago. I'm a first timer and this forum has really helped me get through it. A lot of knowledgable input on here. Keep us updated on your little guy.

I'm very bias towards Danes and boxers as I've owned 2 boxers in the past and on my first Dane. I didn't crop the boxers ears as I didn't think I was responsible enough back then to keep up with the after care. But in my opinion I don't think there is a more beautiful dog than a great cropped Dane or boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnn04 View Post
                  Lol I was the same way. I posted a few threads not to long ago. I'm a first timer and this forum has really helped me get through it. A lot of knowledgable input on here. Keep us updated on your little guy.

I'm very bias towards Danes and boxers as I've owned 2 boxers in the past and on my first Dane. I didn't crop the boxers ears as I didn't think I was responsible enough back then to keep up with the after care. But in my opinion I don't think there is a more beautiful dog than a great cropped Dane or boxer.

thanks and I Agree... I am leaving here in about an hour and a half to go get the little monster and take him home for some extra attention. As soon as I get him home and settled in I will take and post some pics.

Thanks again for all the input and comforting!
                  sigpic
                  Titan - GD
                  Cookie - Mini Schnauzer

Comment

Okay so here's the first pic they told me to remove the tape when we got home. I carefully removed the tape and dear god my house looks like a war zone. He shook his head ans the tips are bleeding.... Gah! So he and I are sitting outside waiting for it to scab and stop.

So they put him in this hard plastic cone.... Poor guy can hardly walk, cone gets caught on the bottom and he trips what do y'all recommended to replace it with?
                    No taping he goes back in 5 days for the stitches and first "rack"
                    One ear is already trying to stand so it should be fairly easy to train.

I would take another pic but he literally is a bloody mess. Once I get him and the come cleaned I'll post one! image.jpg
                    sigpic
                    Titan - GD
                    Cookie - Mini Schnauzer

Comment

Finally got a decent

image.jpg

So here we go first look first day.
                      sigpic
                      Titan - GD
                      Cookie - Mini Schnauzer

Comment

Hello I am new to this page I came across your post I feel so sorry for the little guy I just had my dane done at 8 weeks surgery went great I didn't have no prolbem with bleeding I made my own headband that worked great out of coat hanger I didn't have to tape ears at all I send you a pic with headband on then off only after 13 days from surgeryIMG_317894754637036.jpg

IMG_317912361696092.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by cortright View Post
                          Hello I am new to this page I came across your post I feel so sorry for the little guy I just had my dane done at 8 weeks surgery went great I didn't have no prolbem with bleeding I made my own headband that worked great out of coat hanger I didn't have to tape ears at all I send you a pic with headband on then off only after 13 days from surgery[ATTACH]17265[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17266[/ATTACH]
                          What a handsome little guy!!!

Okay so went and bought a different come. This one is a little thinner and he can walk and and move a lot better. Got him a buy stick to help keep him calm and distracted in hopes he quit shaking his head so much. Anoint to eat dinner and then it's in to the topical spray and a small and quick break from the collar.
                          He's eating and playing fairly well and trying to keep a 10 weeks puppy "calm" is hard work.... Lol
                          sigpic
                          Titan - GD
                          Cookie - Mini Schnauzer

Comment

Titan's ear crop 3/25/14

Good lookin pup! Man 5 days seems soon to be taking stitched out. But then again I'm not the vet lol. You may want to try a inflatable collar if the cone doesn't work out. It's what I used
                            and he seemed pretty
                            Comfortable in it.

Here I is the day I brought him home.

Last edited by Johnn04; 03-26-2014, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Here I is 3 days after stitches came out and also being posted for three days.

Comment

Working...
                              X