The "Missing Post"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Missing Post"

Mmk...so...Timber has developed a new & very bad habit. He has always tried to chew his posts once I take them out of his ears (the wax, maybe?) but lately it has become a real problem. A couple days ago he got one of his off, well then I couldn't find it to throw away. I didn't think much of it until he went #2 the next day, the ENTIRE tape wrapped backer rod post was in his poop! Scared me to death, especially since it had a zip tie on it (I was trying something new) & I don't know how it didn't get lodged or lacerate his organs. Well I counted my blessings & moved on. Today after I got home from work he had removed his left post & now it's gone...I seriously think he is purposely trying to get them out so he can eat them, UGH!

So anyway I called off work tomorrow so I can pupsit him in case he needs rushed to the vet. Any ideas on how I can deter this behavior? He's watched very closely anyway & now even more so, he's only left alone a couple hours a day since my boyfriend & I work opposite shifts.
    sigpic

Hey y'all, I'm Meg from WV, Dane's name is Timber

Did it come out?
    sigpic
    Dane Mom: Beauregard (M) 25 Weeks

Comment

Reason #27 why I would never crop a dog--lol!!
      Tracy
      sigpic
      Mouse April 2010
      Echo -- run free, Sweetie! Jan 9, 2007 - April 24, 2014 Lost to osteosarcoma at 7 years, 3 months. RIP.

Comment

Lick Guard

There's a product called Lick Guard (you can buy it on Amazon) it tastes nasty & doesn't smell all that good either. I would put some on a post & offer it to him to smell/taste - he may lick it once, twice but after that you should get the yucky face. Then I would wrap his ears and the posts with it (at this point the smell should deter him from trying to eat it) and if he gets the post off and realizes it has that stuff he should leave the posts alone. Continue to put some on the future posts so he decides removing & eating them is not fun.

Comment

Yes it did! For the second time...thankfully though. Thanks Howtoloveadane, I think I'll definitely try that!
          sigpic

Hey y'all, I'm Meg from WV, Dane's name is Timber

Comment

The "Missing Post"

Are u back taping the post? It may help with sticking a bit better. Also id babysit him and tell him no every time it looks like he is going to shake or scratch his head. That may also help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X