Ears standing already

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ears standing already

This is Ruger he is 11 weeks old. I know i am no where near done taping. His cropping was done January 6. He had the cup on for 12 days, then posted for the first time on the jan 20. 5 days later he kicked off one of the post off and they were standing. The vet (he is a great dane breeder also) did the second posting and said you might get really lucky with him if they r standing this well so soon. so hard to get a decent pic. This is a hour after i let them out to rest.

How adorable! Yes you might be lucky but when teething starts theymight need to be posted again for a little while. Im sure you knlw already that at teething time they go a bit weak. Nice job with them this far though they look great!
    sigpic Erin, Mommy of three skin babies, Jacob 4, Ari 3, Jacen 4m, with one on the way. 2 fur babies Campbell-Doberman Pincher (3), Boomer-fawn Great Dane (9 months). Oh cant forget married to my wonderful Marine husband Drew.....

Comment

They look great!

Comment

That's awesome for a longer crop, they look great! He's so handsome also, love the style of his ears. I got Timber's done December 8th & they've been standing firm ever since (still posting through teething though) & he turned 12 weeks old today.
        sigpic

Hey y'all, I'm Meg from WV, Dane's name is Timber

Comment

Great looking pup, and great looking crop!
          sigpic
          Zeke @ 9 Months

Comment

Originally posted by babydane1213 View Post
            How adorable! Yes you might be lucky but when teething starts theymight need to be posted again for a little while. Im sure you knlw already that at teething time they go a bit weak. Nice job with them this far though they look great!
            Why does teething affect their ears?
            sigpic
            Beth, with...
            Daisy the Chihuahua mix
            Ranger the Heeler mix
            Sarge the Great Dane
            Bravo the Mastiff mix

And two cats, two ferrets, one husband, and four kids.

Comment

It reduces the calcium in their body.

Comment

Originally posted by CarolB View Post
                Thanks for answering for me. I know that it does I just didnt know exactly why.
                sigpic Erin, Mommy of three skin babies, Jacob 4, Ari 3, Jacen 4m, with one on the way. 2 fur babies Campbell-Doberman Pincher (3), Boomer-fawn Great Dane (9 months). Oh cant forget married to my wonderful Marine husband Drew.....

Comment

Originally posted by CarolB View Post
                  Interesting! I would have never thought of that.
                  sigpic
                  Beth, with...
                  Daisy the Chihuahua mix
                  Ranger the Heeler mix
                  Sarge the Great Dane
                  Bravo the Mastiff mix

And two cats, two ferrets, one husband, and four kids.

Comment

Thank you everyone for the kind words.i couldn't be happier with his crop. Took a lot of phone calls talked to a lot of rude people, but finally found the right vet to do the crop and a equally good vet to take care of Ruger close to home. Both which breed and show great danes. Will i have to do a full postings at teething or just breath right strips?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnx121 View Post
                      Thank you everyone for the kind words.i couldn't be happier with his crop. Took a lot of phone calls talked to a lot of rude people, but finally found the right vet to do the crop and a equally good vet to take care of Ruger close to home. Both which breed and show great danes. Will i have to do a full postings at teething or just breath right strips?
                      Its a trick! Ours were standing like yours 2 weeks after the crop and we thought, wow! we got lucky! we won't have to bother with all this taping crap! Wellllll it didn't last. We just hit 20 weeks and I can finally leave them down for several days before they start drooping. I do still have to use the extra strength Clear Passage brand breath right strips from Walmart (the transparent ones) - they work better than the real ones. I put them at the tips and on the side/across the base where he developed a fold in the cartilage, that started causing a pocket. They work great for fine tuning anything the taping might have messed up, but they don't work instead of posting if you find he starts drooping again.

Good luck and I hope you actually won the taping lottery!
                      sigpic
                      Dane Mom: Beauregard (M) 25 Weeks

Comment

Working...
                      X