Medium Show Crop vs. Pet Crop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medium Show Crop vs. Pet Crop

Is there a real noticeable difference? I can't seem to find and ears on Danes that the owner calls a "pet crop". This is the picture that my wife and I keep going to when we talk about what we picture cropped ears on a Dane looking like. Probably 1 of our top 5 favorite pictures. Is it considered a "medium show" crop?
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Zeke @ 9 Months

Here's another of our favorites:
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Zeke @ 9 Months

Comment

Last one, sorry don't know how to post multiple pictures in a single post...
      Attached Files
      sigpic
      Zeke @ 9 Months

Comment

Those are gorgeous crops. The last one looks a tiny bit shorter than I would picture as a show crop. Rupert's is basically a medium pet crop, but they asked me if I like the ear to curve or have a straight edge. I chose the curve. I brought in pics of dogs I thought had beautiful crops and one of them was actually a Dane that that vet had done. LOL I knew I was in good hands then!
        ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

The black and blue in the first picture belong to a breeder friend on mine in Atlantic Canada and I'm guessing Dr. Allison Jones, also a dane breeder, did them. If you google the name on the picture you'll find Kerry's website and see several other of her danes cropped by the same vet.
          I consider Zephyr's crop a pet crop and although Riddle's ears are longer, I don't consider it a particularly long crop.

Zephyr CGN, RE, TT- crazy harlequin
          Divine Acres Riddle Me This- regal fawn

http://thegrownups.ca/ on life and (not) growing up.

Comment

Originally posted by kayla baxter View Post
            The black and blue in the first picture belong to a breeder friend on mine in Atlantic Canada and I'm guessing Dr. Allison Jones, also a dane breeder, did them. If you google the name on the picture you'll find Kerry's website and see several other of her danes cropped by the same vet.
            I consider Zephyr's crop a pet crop and although Riddle's ears are longer, I don't consider it a particularly long crop.

The first picture posted, the one that you know the breeder is a picture that I always go back to. The proportions are perfect, and match that particular dog perfectly. I like the amount of bell and height of the ear. It's one of the pictures I will be showing the doctor when Zeke goes in on the 20th. Just want to make sure when I say, "medium show crop," the pictures I have been staring at for the past 3 weeks are actually that ha ha.
            sigpic
            Zeke @ 9 Months

Comment

I'm not sure what you'd call Draco's but they are definitely longer than my dad's pet crop on his dane pup
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rmmorse81 View Post
                I'm not sure what you'd call Draco's but they are definitely longer than my dad's pet crop on his dane pup
                How long did you continue posting?
                sigpic
                Zeke @ 9 Months

Comment

Originally posted by ezskanken View Post
                  How long did you continue posting?
                  I'm still posting now. He's almost 5 months and I want to give it at least two more to get past the teething stage. They stand like that when he is alert but go yoda or back when relaxed. I just want to make sure they are good before I stop . Maybe I'll switch to breathe right strips soon

Comment

Working...
                  X