This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ezskanken View Post
    Awesome! I wish I could have that many Great Danes right now ha ha!
    You will! One day!! I usually only have 3 at a time, and a pit bull. Since the deaths of my 2 danes and pit last year, I have managed to replace them all, and I get my new pitty in a weeks time when I go pick up my boston great dane. Finally back up to 5 dogs. I live, breathe and sleep dogs LOL

Comment

Originally posted by krista View Post
      You will! One day!! I usually only have 3 at a time, and a pit bull. Since the deaths of my 2 danes and pit last year, I have managed to replace them all, and I get my new pitty in a weeks time when I go pick up my boston great dane. Finally back up to 5 dogs. I live, breathe and sleep dogs LOL
      holy mackeral! how do you manage?! i am in awe... do your dogs ever fight or play rough? my younger dane is really pushy with the older newer dane and i cannot figure out how to get her to stop permanently!
      sigpic

my beautiful blue-eyed babe

Comment

What's a boston dane? A mantle? I'm still learning lol...I love the Euro Danes, I have the chance to adopt a 50/50 Euro girl that's 3 years old & I'm really considering it. She's solid blue with a gorgeous head, but we're still in the debating stages of it...your dogs are beautiful btw!!
        sigpic

Hey y'all, I'm Meg from WV, Dane's name is Timber

Comment

Someone chime in but aren't Boston's actually Mantle's? Maybe a specific marking of the mantle where a larger portion of the neck is white but I do not believe it is an additional "color" or "marking" than Mantle....am I correct?!
          sigpic
          Bailey (Choc Lab), Jasmin (GD), Dakota (GD)
          Ashley & Chloe (Himalayan)
          In Memory of our beloved Jake
          forever in our hearts

Comment

Originally posted by mom4jazzie View Post
            Someone chime in but aren't Boston's actually Mantle's? Maybe a specific marking of the mantle where a larger portion of the neck is white but I do not believe it is an additional "color" or "marking" than Mantle....am I correct?!

Mantle and Boston are two words for the same thing. Technically the accepted term is mantle. But way back before mantle was even an accepted color, the pattern existed and was quite often referred to as Boston. I grew up with the term boston actually and have had to learn to call it mantle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            *Jennifer*
            Member GDC of Mid-Florida
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by oceanbluedanes View Post
              Mantle and Boston are two words for the same thing. Technically the accepted term is mantle. But way back before mantle was even an accepted color, the pattern existed and was quite often referred to as Boston. I grew up with the term boston actually and have had to learn to call it mantle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I am from Canada and when Bostons first got registerable, they were calle bostons, I am not sure if things have changed though and Canada may register them as mantles now. I guess I will find out when I pick my new girl up and get her ckc papers!

Comment

Originally posted by krista View Post
                I am from Canada and when Bostons first got registerable, they were calle bostons, I am not sure if things have changed though and Canada may register them as mantles now. I guess I will find out when I pick my new girl up and get her ckc papers!
                Good point. I have no idea about CKC! I was speaking solely for AKC/GDCA.
                *Jennifer*
                Member GDC of Mid-Florida
                sigpic

Comment

Everyone I know who shows CKC uses the term mantle.
                  Zephyr CGN, RE, TT- crazy harlequin
                  Divine Acres Riddle Me This- regal fawn

http://thegrownups.ca/ on life and (not) growing up.

Comment

Originally posted by kayla baxter View Post
                    Everyone I know who shows CKC uses the term mantle.
                    I just checked my boston great dane's papers, the one that passed away, she was registered as Boston in color back in 2001

Comment

My brand new Euro boston baby is finally home!

And such a pretty little thing with temperment to match. She had her ears done by the breeder. Pretty excited to get her cone off so I can see the crop. I can kind of tell through the tape, that it looks super nice. Here she is!!!!! 8 weeks old!!!

Comment

Pretty puppy.

Comment

Awww!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
                          sigpic
                          Paula
                          Mom to Zeus 10/6/2005
                          Jackson 12/8/2012

Comment

She's adorable!

Comment