Lazy ears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazy ears

My boy is 10 months and his ears are confusing me. When we are inside the house he looks like he has total crop flop, when we go out to potty his ears stand perfect with the exception of his tips being a little floppy still, we are still taping. This last round they stayed up pretty well for two weeks? Anyhow, the question is, could he just not be holding them up? I see all these pictures of cropped danes just hanging around the house and their ears are erect. His seem to only go up when he's alert. Is this normal?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369242596.727962.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369242612.648566.jpg

Perfectly normal relaxed yoda look. Cropped ears only have that perfect cropped pointed straight up look when the dog pulls them up because they are focused on something.
    Tracy
    sigpic
    Mouse April 2010
    Echo -- run free, Sweetie! Jan 9, 2007 - April 24, 2014 Lost to osteosarcoma at 7 years, 3 months. RIP.

Comment

Thanks so much! It felt like I was never going to finish! He had a setback as a puppy, his litter mate bit his ear and ripped the stitches out and it caused an infection so he was on antibiotics and they couldn't tape for a while so one tip is a little thinner than the other. It's the tip that "jiggles" the most. I'm not sure if that tip will ever firm up. I was told Knox gelatin helps, is that true?

Comment

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369244793.434340.jpg
        You can sort of see how thin his left ear is compared to the right.

Comment

I haven't even gotten to the taping part yet, lol. Just wanted to say your boy is BEAUTIFUL!

Comment

Thank you so much! He's a total sweetie!

Comment

Working...
            X