What to expect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to expect

I've scheduled an appointment with Dr. Bill for an ear crop. This will be the FIRST time I've ever done this. Needless to say I'm a nervous wreck. For those that have "been there done that" how was your experience?

The crop I'm not too concerned about I've read scaling reviews about his work from the dane, doberman, and staffie community.

Just hope my pup will come through ok, worried about him. Before during and after surgery. However I feel an opportunity will be missed not to have procedure done by a highly skilled cropper of this time.

Been there, done that many many times over! You are in good hands with Dr. Bill.

Don't stress so much, it will rub off on your baby.

Follow the instructions that you are given and all will work out just fine.

The most important thing post-crop is to keep the ears clean and dry so infection doesn't set in. You don't have to worry about posting and taping until the stitches are removed and incisions are all healed up.
    *Jennifer*
    Member GDC of Mid-Florida
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks Oceanblue,

You were absolutely correct. Dr. Bill and his staff are absolutely OUTSTANDING. I really can't enough good things about the facility. They were very patient, pleasant, warm, and provided the best hospitality one could ask for.

My little boy was up and about minutes after surgery eating and drinking.

For any other lurkers out there if you live near the ear coast I HIGHLY recommend using Dr. Bill. The drive was absolutely worth it. Also the scenery is VERY beautiful.

I will say that instead of the cup Dr. Bill uses a foam block now, so that is kind of interesting....I will have to wait until the stitches are removed to see the crop but considering how thorough Dr. Bill was prior to the surgery I have a feeling I won't be disappointing.

Thank you for the recommendation.

Comment

You are welcome! Glad to hear it went well.

Dr. Bill is one of the best.

And yep, the foam block works great.
        *Jennifer*
        Member GDC of Mid-Florida
        sigpic

Comment

Such an incoherent post, I must really tired from all that driving, lol. Apologies to those trying to read my post above.

Oceanblue its so hard for me trying not to peek at it Its wrapped up like a little Christmas present. The bonnet comes off tomorrow, so I'll finally see what the foam box looks like with his ears. There's still some bleeding but it only occurs if he happens to lay on that side.

Comment

I am also going to Dr Bill for our boy's crop, we have an appt the 24th. 7 hour drive to him but it will totally be worth it! Glad I see so much positive things about dr bill makes me feel soo much more comfortable!
            sigpic
            "The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him
            and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too."
            -Samuel Butler 1912.

Comment

Dr. Bill has cropped all of my danes and I have been pleased with each and every crop.
              sigpic
              Logan, Member GDCA and Past President GDCMF
              Int'l CH & AM GCH Legacys Killer Instinct, TT, CHIC (Kaos)
              www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

Originally posted by lexie.gagnon View Post
                I am also going to Dr Bill for our boy's crop, we have an appt the 24th. 7 hour drive to him but it will totally be worth it! Glad I see so much positive things about dr bill makes me feel soo much more comfortable!
                It was a 5 1/2 drive for me but I live in VA. I drove at night booked a hotel, and left after the surgery next day. I promise you won't be disappointed While my little one was getting done there were also two other pups being getting cropped. So my fears went away instantly.

While your waiting enjoy the beautiful scenery. I'm planning a trip back down to show Dr. Bill the out come of his hard work.

Comment

Working...
                X