good MN croppers? anyone heard of..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good MN croppers? anyone heard of..

Anyone heard of Dr. Ahrendt or Dr. Ziebarth? Anyone have pictures of pups with their ears cropped by them? Im looking for a long show crop. This will be my second dane but first with ear cropping. Im not sure of any good Dr.'s. I'm from the Mn twin cities area and will drive a couple hours if need be for a good cropper. PLEASE HELP

damn im surprised no one replied to this. very disappointing. btw this is Jess!

Comment

Just going to throw this thread back into the pot... lol.
      I am from MN as well and I am debating between rescuing an older dane and purchasing another puppy. If I go with a puppy I am thinking about cropping his ears but I would like to know if anyone has any good experiences with vets that do dane crops in MN.
      ~Kelsey, mom to~
      Kumah-merle Great Dane 4 years
      Nala-fawn Great Dane 2 months
      Cece- Calico 4 years
      Sammy- Black Domestic Long Hair 3 years
      Tyke- 4 months

Comment

Depending on where in MN you are it may be worth PMing Carolyn and seeing where her vet is located in WI. I love Riddle's ears.
        Zephyr CGN, RE, TT- crazy harlequin
        Divine Acres Riddle Me This- regal fawn

http://thegrownups.ca/ on life and (not) growing up.

Comment

Contact the Dane club in MN - www.hmgdc.org. They can refer you to a cropping vet. Plenty of Danes in MN to rescue too.
          Julie
          Duds and Miles 5- and 6-year-old fawns, Smudge (terrier mix); Bobke, Fig, Olive, Albert (cats); Einstein (African Grey), Rocky (Amazon Parrot).
          RIP Willow 12/95 - 04/04, Maia 03/05 - 10/11, Maverick 11/07-10/14, Spencer 05/06-12/14
          Upper Midwest Great Dane Rescue Volunteer www.thegreatdanerescue.com
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks to both of you. I have been going on the websites of both rescues here every day. And I go on petfinder all the time. I wouldn't be getting another dane for a few months yet but I can't help but look. The only problem I am having right now is about 90-95% of the danes in these rescues are female and I for one am wanting a male this time but I have heard that rescues are a bit leery of putting a female into a home that already has a resident female dog. So I'm struggling a little bit in that aspect. But I guess the right one will come along once I'm ready to take another dane into my home.
            ~Kelsey, mom to~
            Cece- Calico 4 years
            Tyke- 4 months

Comment

With both rescues you need to get approved before you see a dog you like. There might not be a good fit for you now but eventually there will be a dog meeting your criteria and there will be a dozen approved adopters ahead of you. I know the rescue I volunteer with will adopt out females to female resident dogs but it all depends on the resident dog and the adopted dog. If one prefers males more, they get placed in a home without other females.
              Julie
              Duds and Miles 5- and 6-year-old fawns, Smudge (terrier mix); Bobke, Fig, Olive, Albert (cats); Einstein (African Grey), Rocky (Amazon Parrot).
              RIP Willow 12/95 - 04/04, Maia 03/05 - 10/11, Maverick 11/07-10/14, Spencer 05/06-12/14
              sigpic

Comment

We have an even split of male and female right now. In fact, we have adopted out 17 females and 25 males in our recent past.
                Tracy
                sigpic
                Mouse April 2010
                Echo -- run free, Sweetie! Jan 9, 2007 - April 24, 2014 Lost to osteosarcoma at 7 years, 3 months. RIP.

Comment

I think our stats show that more males than females are surrendered but males seem to get adopted more quickly. Right now we only have one male available and he's a small black senior. It seems like even among the harder to adopt dogs the males will be snatched up before the females. If you want a younger male that isn't black, you're going to be on a list with many others.
                  Julie
                  sigpic

Comment

Isn't it just so sad how the blackies are constantly over-looked? It's canine racism...Black danes ARE STILL DANES! I have one, and he has a 100% dane personality.
                    Tracy
                    sigpic
                    Mouse April 2010
                    Echo -- run free, Sweetie! Jan 9, 2007 - April 24, 2014 Lost to osteosarcoma at 7 years, 3 months. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by mnmouse View Post
                      Isn't it just so sad how the blackies are constantly over-looked? It's canine racism...Black danes ARE STILL DANES! I have one, and he has a 100% dane personality.
                      My husband and I want a black Dane. However, we have years before a TX rescue would approve us (small child) and can't pass up the fact that we have a breeder in town with harles and mantles to go hunt for one out of state. I so wish ours had blacks!

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
                      sigpic
                      Fergus
                      SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
                      Eisen Shark
                      C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Comment

I don't care about the color. I just want a dane with a great personality like Kumah. I don't even care if it is male or female. Before I got Kumah I was dead set on getting a male but once I saw her that kind of got thrown out the window because I fell in love with her instantly. Would I like a male yes, but if I find a female that gets along with Kumah and that I just fall in love with then all bets are off. This is of course as long as I get approved to adopt. There is actually a female that I have been looking at at one of the rescues. It seems she's been there a while and I think she is just over 4 yrs and brindle. I personally like harlaquins but blacks look so fierce and majestic and beautiful.
                        ~Kelsey, mom to~
                        Cece- Calico 4 years
                        Tyke- 4 months

Comment

Working...
                        X