First Time Taper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Time Taper

This is my first ever ear taping job, let me know what you all think! How does it look?
    Attached Files

Looks good to me!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WeLoveOur7Dogs View Post
      Looks good to me!

Thanks! Your youtube video was awesome!! So helpful for me.

Comment

Looks good and nice bed! We have the same one lol
        sigpic Erin, Mommy of three skin babies, Jacob 4, Ari 3, Jacen 4m, with one on the way. 2 fur babies Campbell-Doberman Pincher (3), Boomer-fawn Great Dane (9 months). Oh cant forget married to my wonderful Marine husband Drew.....

Comment

I think the bridge between the ears should be a little longer. You want the ears to be more like 11:00 - 1:00 instead of 12:00 - 12:00. A slight "V". That keeps the ears upright while allowing some movement of the ear muscles. When they are taped so upright, you risk getting pockets in the ears and they the ears start to lay across the head.

Comment

Originally posted by saharadane View Post
            I think the bridge between the ears should be a little longer. You want the ears to be more like 11:00 - 1:00 instead of 12:00 - 12:00. A slight "V". That keeps the ears upright while allowing some movement of the ear muscles. When they are taped so upright, you risk getting pockets in the ears and they the ears start to lay across the head.
            Would it be okay to leave until next taping? Or should it be re done asap?

Comment

For the first couple of months I tape it just like you did Lauren. The middle tape nice and tight. Little to no movement of the ears.

After a couple of months, you can start to loosen it up and do it like Sarah mentioned.

Your job looks better then the job I did on his sister LOL! You go girl!
              Carolyn
              Divine Acres Great Danes
              Divine Acres The Legend "Bruce" 5 1/2 months old..5th generation of DA Danes!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zeus&Lauren View Post
                Thanks! Your youtube video was awesome!! So helpful for me.
                Nice taping job! Can you post a link of the video you are talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Solana View Post
                  Nice taping job! Can you post a link of the video you are talking about?
                  [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9PnfGYJVL8"]Taping Einstein's ears - YouTube[/ame]
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WeLoveOur7Dogs View Post
                    I like this video a lot as well. I noticed you didn't tape all the way up, which to me would make the whole thing a lot more comfortable for the pup. Is this a method ok for new crops?
                    sigpic
                    Zeke @ 9 Months

Comment

Working...
                    X